View Other Details
- Room & Board: Your accommodations & some meals on the trip
- Course at an Accredited Language School: 5 weeks of classes at EF Barcelona, plus the opportunity to earn 3 college credits
- Personal Development Programs: Weekly workshops & activities designed to help you discover your strengths and goals
- Activities & Excursions: Guided group activities such as walking tours, museum visits, & a boat cruise along the Seine
- EF Global Support Network: 1:1 mentorship & 24/7 support before & during the program
This April, you could be living like a local in Barcelona. Live independently in an energetic seaside city while you level up your Spanish, make lifelong friends, and develop outside-the-classroom skills to help you thrive in the real world.
Your program begins with an Orientation Tour across London, Paris, and Barcelona. Your EF Tour Director will give you an insider's perspective on each city and help you contextualize your travels within local history, culture, and beyond. (Even if you've been to these cities before, you'll see them through totally new eyes—we promise!) You'll also have free time to explore on your own or with your new friends.
Then you'll spend six weeks soaking up Spanish culture and improving your language skills. Grow personally while living in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe. Build your independence, expand your skill set, and make friends for life. You’ll return home with a clearer understanding of yourself and your goals.
- Kick off your program with an Orientation Tour across London, Paris, and Barcelona, where you'll see the sights, learn how to be a responsible traveler, and bond as a group.
- Live with a local host and take Spanish classes at EF's Language Campus in Barcelona during weekdays. You'll have lots of free time to travel through organized excursions or on your own.
- Every week, you'll engage in leadership development programming that will help you discover your strengths and chart your own path in life.
- Dive into Catalan culture during your substantial stay in Barcelona. Hone your authentic accent by living with a homestay, feast at the markets, and bask in the coastal breeze.
- Visit Antoni Gaudí's architectural masterpieces, an integral part of the backdrop of Barcelona.
EF Gap Year Awards
EF Gap Year has awards of up to $5,000 for students in their gap year and semester-long programs. Various scholarships are available for leadership, blogging, videography, and photography. Over $50,000 of funding is available every year.