Au Pair Spain

As an au pair in Spain you will provide a maximum of 30 hours of child care per week, and may be asked to babysit a few evenings per week. You will also be expected to contribute to light household duties. The stipend you will receive is based on the number of hours you work per week, but can range between 205 and 360 Euros per month.

InterExchange assists in all steps of the au pair experience, from application to family placements and beyond! Have confidence as you step into a new adventure, with our years experience to guide and support you!

Program Highlights
  • Welcoming host family
  • Stipend to help with your local costs
  • Enjoy the Madrid region as a local
  • Explore other parts of Spain in your free time

Planning a gap year in Europe?

InterExchange is now accepting applications for Au Pair and Language Homestay programs: Join a welcoming host family in France, Italy, the Netherlands, or Spain! Private room and meals covered (and for au pairs a stipend as well). Program durations 1 mo - 1 yr.

Isabelle

A Year to Grow and Experience

My time abroad while in Spain was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. It was a chance for me to live abroad and experience a new culture and perspective on the world. I went there as a nervous student who had just graduated high school, but when I returned I had gained independence and confidence that I would have never gotten if I had gone straight to college. I think the best part of my experience was the people that I met. I was able to meet a bunch of different people from across the globe and develop great friendships that I still have today. Living in Europe also allowed me to travel on the weekends and to experience 10 different countries. It wasn't too expensive and was a once in a life time opportunity. I learned to balance my time and what was important to me when I was on my own. I am so thankful that I made the choice to go abroad. If I had one tip, it would be to start traveling and experiencing early! When I first got there I was trying to get settled and feel comfortable before I started adventuring or traveling anywhere, but in reality I got more comfortable by traveling and experiencing everything I could! My favorite memory is spending the afternoons in the city center, eating small appetizers and frozen yogurt! It was the perfect time to take in everything the city had to offer and to meet all the different friendly faces.

I think this program can be improved by providing more information to the workers about how to deal with and understand the parents that are being worked with. There is information about the children, but not as much about the parents which can make it difficult.