COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Outward Bound has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
The Outward Bound Semester & Gap year program won the Top Gap Year Provider in Safety in 2018.
Our U.S. courses are designed for both goal-oriented college students and individuals who are seeking clarity on their next step in life.
Learn alongside the best Instructors in the industry as you backpack, climb, canoe, kayak, raft and sail in some of the most protected wilderness areas in the United States. Spanning from the towering peaks of the Rocky Mountains and the North Cascades; the stunning canyons and rivers in the Southwest; the pristine lakes of the Boundary Waters; and the iconic Appalachian Trail and Pacific Crest Trail.
With a focus on leadership training and an unwavering commitment to excellence, our courses prepare students for future success.
Outward Bound is accredited with the American Gap Association and is the longest running program in this elite group dedicated to providing safe, meaningful and high-caliber educational experiences to students.
- Gain real-world experience, earn college credit and learn alongside the best Instructors in the industry.
- Backpack, climb, canoe, kayak, raft and sail in some of the most protected wilderness areas in the United States.
- Our courses prepare students for future success, whether that's in college, a career or working in the outdoor education industry.
- You'll travel as a group in remote, rugged settings that will broaden your view on the world.
- The Outward Bound Semester & Gap year program won the Top Gap Year Provider in Safety in 2018.
Build Skills for Life This Fall
Build skills for life—explore upcoming courses near you this fall.