Outward Bound Pathfinder Expeditions

In the wilderness, your best self becomes second nature.

Unlike survival, compassion isn’t always our first instinct. But what if it was? In the wilderness, and in life, compassion is the source of our resiliency. It reveals our best selves in the best and worst situations. Semester, Outdoor Educator or Pathfinder expeditions reveal who you are and who you want to be. Start your journey now.

Outward Bound Pathfinder expeditions take place across the US and overseas. These 30-day expeditions focus on increasing self-knowledge, clarifying values, strengthening decision-making skills and setting goals.

Pathfinder expeditions are ideal for those who are in transition, taking a gap year, or searching for the right focus for their next phase in life. Pathfinder students are motivated to take on a unique and challenging adventure to better understand their strengths and interests, and to build the skills and confidence needed to thrive. Participants are typically recent high school graduates, college students, or young adults seeking personal, educational, or professional direction.

Claire

Outward Bound Pathfinder in Texas Big Bend National Park

This trip was one of the best experiences of my life. I've never had an experience before which I can so clearly point to and say "this changed me" or "this helped make me who I am". Going on this expedition challenged me to face fears, empathize with others, and see myself all in ways that I never had before. And back in my "normal life" I see myself applying things I learned on the trip like challenging negative beliefs about myself, working through problems and not giving up easily, building healthy relationships, etc. The people that I was on expedition with mean more to me than I ever could have guessed people I only spent a month with would ever mean. If you are considering going on one of these trips and you're not sure if you're brave enough or ready to "take the plunge", please do it. Trust me, even if you're afraid now, if you're excited about it, and willing to push yourself, you'll be glad you went.

Elise

Mazama Washington Billy Goat Mountain

I loved loved loved Northwest Outward Bound! I would do it again in a heartbeat! I treasure the memories and abilities that I gained and created throughout my trip through the back mountains of Washington every day! I gained more strength, willpower, and confidence than I could have ever imagined! The people I met on this adventure will forever have a special place in my heart because they are the ones that taught me so much throughout the journey about life, healthy friendships, and the importance of encouragement and teamwork!

I honestly don’t have an recommendations it was amazing!

About Outward Bound

Here at Outward Bound, our motto is "learn by doing." Founded in 1962, Outward Bound has helped over 1 million students achieve their goals. Today, we equip students looking to pursue a gap year with self-confidence, tenacity and compassion. Outward...