• United States of America

Primary Language
Age Max

Pricing

$2,000 USD
The total cost includes all tuition and fees for the course. This covers your food, technical gear, and equipment while on course. Not included in this total cost are personal expenses such as clothing, insurance, and airfare.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Equipment Meals Park Fees Transportation
What's Not Included
Airfare Wifi
Mar 17, 2021
Jul 19, 2018

Outward Bound Pathfinder expeditions, for ages 18-25, take place in exotic and remote wilderness areas across the U.S. These 30-day expeditions focus on increasing self-knowledge, clarifying values, strengthening decision-making skills and setting goals.

Pathfinder expeditions are ideal for those who are in transition, taking a gap year, or searching for the right focus for their next phase in life. Pathfinder students are motivated to take on a unique and challenging adventure to better understand their strengths and interests, and to build the skills and confidence needed to thrive. Participants are typically recent high school graduates, college students or young adults seeking personal, educational or professional direction.

Program Highlights

• Pathfinder expeditions are 30 days, and are specifically designed for ages 18-25.
  • This course is ideal for people who are in transition, taking a gap year or are searching for the right focus for their next phase in life.
  • This challenging adventure will help you better understand your strengths and interests.
  • You'll focus on increasing self-knowledge, clarifying values, strengthening decision-making skills and setting goals.
  • Explore exotic and remote wilderness areas across the U.S.

Claire

Outward Bound Pathfinder in Texas Big Bend National Park

This trip was one of the best experiences of my life. I've never had an experience before which I can so clearly point to and say "this changed me" or "this helped make me who I am". Going on this expedition challenged me to face fears, empathize with others, and see myself all in ways that I never had before. And back in my "normal life" I see myself applying things I learned on the trip like challenging negative beliefs about myself, working through problems and not giving up easily, building healthy relationships, etc. The people that I was on expedition with mean more to me than I ever could have guessed people I only spent a month with would ever mean. If you are considering going on one of these trips and you're not sure if you're brave enough or ready to "take the plunge", please do it. Trust me, even if you're afraid now, if you're excited about it, and willing to push yourself, you'll be glad you went.

Elise

Mazama Washington Billy Goat Mountain

I loved loved loved Northwest Outward Bound! I would do it again in a heartbeat! I treasure the memories and abilities that I gained and created throughout my trip through the back mountains of Washington every day! I gained more strength, willpower, and confidence than I could have ever imagined! The people I met on this adventure will forever have a special place in my heart because they are the ones that taught me so much throughout the journey about life, healthy friendships, and the importance of encouragement and teamwork!

I honestly don’t have an recommendations it was amazing!