- United States of America
- San Francisco
View Other Details
- Accommodations & most meals during Explore and Focus
- 25 skill-building workshops
- One-on-one coaching and mentorship from coaches who are working professionals at companies like Google, Microsoft, Tesla, and Lyft
Financial assistance and payment plans are available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Year On is a multi-phase experiential learning program that combines the benefits of a traditional gap year with a focus on practical skill development. The program is divided into three phases: an immersive service-learning experience abroad, a skill-building and coaching-intensive module in San Francisco, and an interest-based project component.
Year On is for college bound students who want to focus on practical skills and personal effectiveness. Over the course of the program, students will create a portfolio of work that showcases their skills and abilities, put together a career road map, assemble a personal network, build a 21st century resume, and sharpen the skills and habits that will be a foundation for their success in college and beyond. Students emerge from Year On with the confidence, clarity, and direction they need move on to college and make the most of it.
- Work with a personal coach to identify areas of interests, prioritize objectives, and follow through on goals
- Immerse yourself into a new community abroad and make a meaningful contribution there through service learning
- Know and understand your interests and potential career options, and develop a plan to pursue & investigate them
- Learn skills not normally taught in high school such as project management, professional etiquette, negotiation, and overcoming rejection
- Apply everything you have learned in a real world setting, such as completing an internship or taking on a personal project