RIDGE Mountain Academy

RIDGE Mountain Academy is designed for male and female student athletes between the age of 16-20 who have a passion for the mountains. Located in Whitefish, Montana, RIDGE is a campus-based academy that focuses on mountain sports, education, and life skills. RIDGE prepares student athletes of all abilities—beginner to elite—to strengthen their training, forge new skills, and discover their true potential.

RIDGE Mountain Academy's Gap Semester and Gap Year includes:
• Mountain Sports
• Education
• Life Skills
• Internship Programs
• Health & Nutrition

RIDGE Mountain Academy is dedicated to helping student athletes cultivate and strengthen their passion, focus, and happiness in life. We achieve this by providing tailored coaching in mountain sports and goal-oriented physical training, as well as opportunities for the student athlete to develop - mentally, physically, academically, and socially.

Henry

Unbelievable Experiences

We were fortunate enough to spend about a week at the Valhalla Mountain Touring Lodge, during early April, completely removed from the modern world. We slept, ate, and hung out in the wifi-less, and ultra-cozy lodge, when we weren't busy bagging peaks or lapping the kicker only 100 feet away from the lodge. It was easily one of the coolest weeks of my life, and an incredible way to cap off the ski and snowboard portion of the semester.

Graham

Growth Achieved

Our capstone trip to backcountry ski in B.C. truly changed my life. It was really awesome to see all of our training pay off and I grew stronger both physically and mentally. I was able to achieve much more than I thought. I felt physically/ mentally strong, energized, and excited to hike up mountains and ski down every day for a week. The scenery and setting was beautiful and inspiring. It was also really great to be disconnected from social media, the internet, phone service, etc. - it helped us to grow as a group and to be 1 with nature.

Incorporate more freesking instead of structured ski sessions. More bell - to- bell skiing.

About RIDGE Mountain Academy

RIDGE Mountain Academy is a gap year program that revolves around mountain sports. Located in the Rocky Mountains, RIDGE is designed for male and female student athletes ages 17 to 20 that are interested in learning to live and train like an athlete....