Explore Portland and the Pacific Northwest, discover new ways of seeing the world and your place in it, and work to make the world a better place. In the nine-month Tivnu Gap Year program, participants live together, create community, and explore connections between Judaism and social justice with their heads, hands, and hearts.
Our experienced staff works with each participant and organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, VOZ, Sisters of the Road Cafe, JOIN, Urban Gleaners, and Zenger Farms to tailor a program where you can feel your impact every day, and love what you’re doing. The Tivnu Gap Year family can’t wait to hear from you!
- Discover your passions and effect real change through hands-on internships
- Learn about complex social justice issues in a Jewish context
- Create a meaningful community and lifelong friendships
- Explore the Pacific Northwest while camping, hiking, and rafting
- Build tangible skills, long-lasting bonds, and independence