Multiple Locations +14

Academic Year Fall Spring
Apartment Host Family Hotel
Age Max

Pricing

You get more for every dollar when you study abroad with CIEE! Our high-quality programs include tuition, housing, on-site airport pick-up, field trips and cultural activities, 24/7 on-site professional staff, and automatic iNext insurance.

There are no hidden charges or surprises when you arrive!
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airfare Travel Insurance
What's Not Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airfare Travel Insurance
Oct 05, 2021
May 22, 2017

Take off for 3 months to a year. Studying abroad during high school is the perfect window of opportunity.

You’ll go to classes in the native language at a local high school, where you’ll likely be the only American. Living with a host family, you’ll experience the cuisine, traditions, and daily lives of the locals firsthand, every day. And even more opportunities to learn will be available to you, through organized activities and excursions planned to show you the highlights of your host country.

Program Highlights

• Go to a reputable, well-established public or private high school.
  • A carefully vetted homestay is matched with each student.
  • After school, join in optional extracurricular sports and activities.
  • On weekends, take part in organized daytrips and excursions to hike, bike, and explore historic landmarks, cultural attractions, and places of unforgettable natural beauty.
  • Airfare is included with all CIEE high school semester abroad programs.

Kathleen

Unforgettable Experience!

I am currently studying abroad with the CIEE highschool spring semester program in Valparaiso, Chile. I have been living with a wonderful host mom, sister and brother who have welcomed me into their home and lives.
The CIEE in country staff have really made this experience better than I could've imagined. Maria Paz is my go to person for any problem, doubt or question and is always happy to hear our endless stories and how things are going. The CIEE office is always open and all of the staff here have helped us with so many things. From extra Spanish classes, to debit cards not working, to help studying for tests, to finding sports teams outside of school to participate in, to individual check-ins they really care about the students here and work hard to make our experience unforgettable.
I've already learned a lot in the three months I've been here. My Spanish has improved and I feel a lot more confident speaking now. I've been forced into new situations and in turn have learned how to handle new things and the importance of communication. Through meeting people from a different culture, I've also learned a lot about myself and my own culture.
I can confidently say that this has been the best experience in my life, and I highly recommend this program to anyone thinking about studying abroad!

Mary

From Soup to Nuts

When complimenting me for doing a good job on a project, my grandmother would say you handled it perfectly from soup to nuts. Prior to the 1980s, most formal sit-down dinners were multiple courses beginning with soup and ending with nuts. My grandmother was an excellent host so this compliment held a great deal of weight. CIEE was there for me before, during, and in the close of my daughters Chile experience. My daughter is in the final two months of a year-long program. She is fluent in Spanish. She has made life long friends. Her life is changed through the experience.

After arriving in Chile, my daughter, Julia, received an immersion three week Spanish course. She lived with a family and toured Santiago with fellow CIEE students and her Santiago "host" family. This preliminary program helped Julia to gain the confidence to begin school and live with people who didn't speak English.