CIEE High School Semester/Year Abroad Program in Australia

High school students kayaking in Australia
High school students kayaking in Australia
High school student in Australia
High school student in Australia

A thriving arts and music scene. More than 10,000 beaches for surfing or volleyball. Meat pies, Vegemite, and coconut raspberry slice. There’s so much that makes up the Australian student experience. What’s not to like? During the school week, you’ll attend classes (in English) for eight hours a day with your Australian peers — and still have plenty of time for intercultural activities with friends and home-cooked meals with your host family.

Emily

Most Amazing Experience!

Spending my junior year of high school as a foreign exchange student in Australia was the best decision I ever made! I made so many amazing new friends in my 10 months going to school and experiencing the daily life of an Australian teenager. My host family is now considered my family. My host sister even came to visit me for two months this summer! The things I learned, experiences I had, and the friendships I made while Down Under will stay with me the rest of my life!

I wouldn't change anything! They do such a good job of preparing you for what to expect while abroad and support you through every step!