Projects Abroad Teen Volunteer Abroad Program in Cambodia

Projects Abroad Teen Volunteer Abroad Program in Cambodia

Spend 2, 3 or 4 weeks in Cambodia as a high school student volunteering abroad! Projects Abroad offers three teen volunteer programs in Cambodia:
Care & Community, Conservation & Community, and Public Health.
Get a taste of what it's like to teach young children in orphanages, or dive through warm Cambodian waters to clean coral reefs, or get involved in pubic health education in communities in need. Engage in cross-cultural communication with the Cambodian locals and curious children, and get ready to have an amazing eye-opening volunteer abroad experience. For more details, visit Projects Abroad's site for high school programs!

• Choose a project you are passionate about that fits your interests
  • Get 24/7 support from our local staff
  • Volunteer with other teenagers from around the world and make lifelong friend
  • Make a difference where it is needed most
  • Have fun exploring the country and its culture over the weekends
Asia » Cambodia
Hotel
Inclusions
Meals
Travel Insurance
Prices vary depending on project and number of weeks
Visit our website for more detailed information

Abby
South Lake Tahoe, California

Volunteering in Cambodia - High School Special

I volunteered in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for 2 weeks in December 2015. I was 17 years old at the time and have never traveled outside of the United States, so all of it was totally new to me. There were 13 volunteers and we were from 4 different countries, and we all got along great. We stayed in a nice hotel and the hotel staff was very friendly. During the week we would go to our placement which was a daycare center and a kindergarten on an island, located about an hour from our hotel. During the weekend we traveled to Siem Reap, which was about an 8 hour bus ride on a bumpy, dirt road. We ended up getting a flat tire and had to stand in the 95 degree weather for about 45 minutes. But it was definitely part of the experience. While in Siem Reap we visited the temples and went to the night markets. The second week we went back to the placements and finished our work of painting, gardening, and making resources.
The staff definitely made me feel safe and welcomed the entire trip. Without them or the other volunteers my experience would have been totally different. This was one of the best decisions I've ever made and it definitely helped me grow as a person.

Emma
Napa, California

The Summer Of My Life

The summer of 2014 I participated in the High School Special program in Cambodia for Care & Community. The previous summer I went to Europe for my first time and realized that I absolutely love traveling and seeing new places. For this summer I wanted to see someplace new but I also wanted to get involved. Projects Abroad gave me exactly what I was looking for. Over the course of two weeks I worked alongside nine other volunteers at a day care center for children 3-6 years old. Projects Abroad was beyond helpful from the planning process to the return home. After talking back and forth with some staff and attending an online information session my parents happily put me on a plane to Cambodia. There was never a moment where I felt nervous or unsafe during my trip. As soon as I stepped off the plane I was met with a staff member and a car to transport me to my placement house. Everything was very organized and easy. I stayed in an apartment with the other volunteers and the outstanding project supervisors. My supervisor was very friendly and had answers to any and all of my questions. We were building a garden and a playground at the daycare, which was something I had never done before. Any of my concerns washed away as soon as we got there. We arrived to two friendly staff members who had all the tools necessary and the guidance we needed. During the two weeks Projects Abroad organized different activities where we got to experience the Cambodian culture. We traveled to Angkor Wat to visit the ancient temples, we toured S-21 and the Killing Fields to learn about the country’s history, and we went out to eat at local restaurants. I made lifelong friends with the other volunteers during my trip and I am planning on doing another volunteer abroad experience with this company. The staff at Projects Abroad are all very impressive and on top of every detail. I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking to volunteer abroad. Volunteering abroad, helping underprivileged children, meeting so many different people, and getting to see the world are just a few of the wonderful opportunities Projects Abroad provides you with. I will always remember my time in Cambodia!!

The only thing I would change about this program is the cost. Yes you are paying for room and board and an experience of a lifetime. But the cost doesn't include airfare and you are paying to volunteer. If the cost was a little cheaper I would be doing them all the time.

Projects Abroad is a global organization formed around the need for gap year programs abroad designed for students taking a break from studying. Since its inception, Projects Abroad has expanded to offer high school volunteer programs, and a vast variety of programs geared towards those