Pre-College at CET Shanghai: Global Perspectives

Mercedes-Benz Arena
Mercedes-Benz Arena

Explore international careers in fields like media, law, healthcare, and business—all from your bustling home base of Shanghai. Study Chinese, live on a university campus, and travel to Beijing as you earn college credits and take on a summer that informs your future.

• Take college-level coursework.
  • Hands-on exposure to work in the fields of law, media, healthcare, business, and more.

Carina

Beijing Trip after Junior Year

I have been to several pre-college academic college programs in the US and this study abroad program blew them all away. The dorms were great and the dorm food was incredible. There was a full four story cafeteria that served fresh made Chinese food everyday. I had a steaming bowl of fresh wonton soup almost every morning for breakfast, along with a steamed soy milk drink (which is better than it sounds!). There was a grocery store around the corner that had all the necessities and some great Chinese snacks like pineapple cakes. There were many restaurants right in the few blocks around us. My favorite was a fresh bao shop just across the street with meat and red bean buns, perfect for a quick breakfast or snack. My class had only three people and was personalized so I could focus on my own career aspirations. We practiced interviews, made resumes and cover letters, and met professionals who had made their careers in China. There were excursions to great sites almost everyday and the destination trip to Xi’an was definitely a highlight.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The food is incredible, and cheap! There was so much variety, not at all like the usual take out Chinese food you get in the US!