- South Africa
- Cape Town
- Costa Rica
View Other Details
GVI offers a variety of opportunities for young adults between the ages of 15 and 17 to gain first-hand experience in cultural immersion, marine and wildlife conservation, and community development. This is a great way to become a global citizen with a better understanding of social and environmental issues. It’s also a gateway to improving your future education and employment opportunities, as you will acquire soft and hard skills in your chosen GVI focus.
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to dive in oceans of Greece, explore the jungles of Costa Rica, or the rolling Incan valleys of Peru, all while contributing to ethical impact, this is for you. This is an opportunity to connect with a network of people who share similar passions for sustainability, while also expanding your knowledge of different linguistic practices, and cultural customs. Each project is aimed at reaching sustainable objectives that align with the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
- Improve your education and employment opportunities with practical skill development in cross-cultural communication, marine and wildlife conservation, and community development.
- Have an opportunity to receive the University Award by ASDAN, for participating in a GVI teen program.
- Expand your knowledge and experiences of coastal Greece, biodiverse Costa Rica, Carribean Mexico, limestone isleted Thailand, and Incan influenced Peru.
- Contribute to the 17 UN SDGs, and learn about ethical volunteering and impact.
- Become more familiar with global issues collectively affecting the environment, community, and wildlife while also making friends with like-minded teens from around the world.