Tico Lingo's Teen Spanish Immersion Summer Camp in Costa Rica

Water Fall Tour - Teen Spanish Immersion Camp
Water Fall Tour - Teen Spanish Immersion Camp
Graduation Day 2 - Teen Spanish Immersion Camp
Graduation Day 2 - Teen Spanish Immersion Camp

The Teen Spanish Immersion Summer Camp runs for three weeks and combines intensive Spanish classes, local homestay accommodation, daily cultural activities, and weekend excursions.

It’s an all-inclusive program that offers teens everything they’ll need to learn, immerse, and walk away with the adventure of a lifetime. Each three week camp will be limited to 12 students and have a dedicated program chaperone and homestay.

ACTIVITIES: Daily Cultural Activities including dance, yoga, art, and cooking, Spanish Courses, Afternoon volunteer options in local English schools, Conversational classes with local Costa Ricans, Tour and map of Heredia and surrounding area. SCHEDULE: 4 hours/day of intensive Spanish classes
  • Take weekend excursions to rainforests, waterfalls, and volcanos.
  • Gain Spanish fluency by living with a local family and seeing the real way of life in Costa Rica.
  • Meet and study Spanish with other students your age from all over the world.
  • Partake in afternoon activities at the school.
  • Meet locals who are learning English during weekly conversation class where English and Spanish learners are grouped to practice speaking skills.

Great question! Once you send a message or press Apply Now, the provider of this program will receive your message or application, and guide you to the next step. All you have to do is fill out a few details! The entire process should only take a few days and every message will appear in your personal inbox.
You will know within the next few days.
Your message will be sent to the provider who runs this program! You will receive a personal email as well as a message in your Go Overseas Inbox (top right of the page, "Inbox") once the provider responds to your question. At any point, you can ask more questions by pressing View within your Go Overseas Inbox.

• Instruction 10
Riley

Best trip ever!

This trip was amazing! My host family was welcoming and my teacher was so helpful! I only was able to go for the three week teen program but I totally wish I could have gone for longer. The weekend trips were so much fun and I definitely was able to improve my Spanish! I was able to go to Manuel Antonio which was an amazing national park and I was able to see monkeys, sloths, and iguanas. That was super cool. I would highly recommend purchasing a waterproof pouch before you go. These are definatly memories that I will take with me for the rest of my life. In my host house there were two other girls and just down the street there were two other kids in the program. My street had so many little kids and I had an amazing time getting to know them and help them with their English homework.

By making the teen program longer and by having board games for students to play
Cassidy

An Amazing Immersion Experience

My time at Tico Lingo was absolutely amazing. As a sixteen-year-old high school student, this was my first experience with any sort of study-abroad program (and my first time traveling anywhere on my own), and it did not disappoint! From the moment I arrived to the moment I left, I could not have been happier or more satisfied with this program. Despite having taken Spanish classes in the US for three years, I did not feel at all confident speaking the language-- on the first day, I could barely communicate, let alone understand what my homestay family was saying! However, by the end of the program, my speaking abilities had vastly improved and I could both speak and understand with relative ease.
I arrived in Heredia thinking I would only be there for two weeks. However, by the third day, I’d fallen in love with my homestay family, my newfound friends, and the city itself. A few phone calls later, I had arranged to stay for a month. I found that Heredia was the perfect setting to practice Spanish-- the locals were extremely patient and friendly, and were always willing to strike up a conversation. More importantly, however, my homestay family was incredible. The entire family's amazingly welcoming demeanor made me feel like I was a family member right from the start. Chris and Karen were also wonderful, and were always there to help the students with anything we needed.
The teachers were fantastic. Each had their own style and manner of teaching, and all three were incredibly helpful and friendly. Ana Lorena's kind, patient, and encouraging demeanor was perfect, especially for the first few days, when I felt overwhelmed by my lack of understanding. After I felt comfortable with the material she was covering, I was able to move into Lucia's class, which was filled with discussion, question-and-answer activities, and constant conversation. Lucia's teaching style was a perfect blend of grammar and real-world applications, and she did an amazing job of giving context to her lessons, making them memorable and easily understandable. During my last week at Tico Lingo, I moved into Freddy's class. Freddy was very patient and professional, with a great sense of humor, and his class was far more grammar-intensive than the former two. I learned an incredible amount in just a few days with him, which was perfectly paced after the three weeks spent building a strong foundation for my Spanish. After a month of classes, I found that my Spanish abilities skyrocketed; whereas before I struggled to articulate my thoughts, speaking now came naturally.
This program was a wonderful learning experience. Thank you so much to Chris, Karen, my teachers, and my homestay family! I hope to come back next year! ¡Pura vida!

Camilla

Great spanish immersion program!

I had an amazing experience with Tico Lingo. I was completed immersed in the Costa Rican culture and spanish language while living with an incredibly friendly host family. The school is in an excellent location; being a solo young female I never once felt that I was in any danger. Heredia always felt safe to me. Everybody at the school is extremely kind and helpful. I went into the program knowing practically no spanish and I left (after 3 weeks) feeling that I could comfortably travel throughout a spanish speaking country without any issues. The school, host family, city, and teachers exceeded all my thoughts and expectations in the best way possible!

About Tico Lingo

Located two hours from the Pacific ocean and three hours from the Caribbean, Tico Lingo offers a complete Spanish immersion program curated by our expert Spanish professors. Utilizing groups of no more than six students per class, we submerse out...