The Teen Spanish Immersion Summer Camp runs for three weeks and combines intensive Spanish classes, local homestay accommodation, daily cultural activities, and weekend excursions.
It’s an all-inclusive program that offers teens everything they’ll need to learn, immerse, and walk away with the adventure of a lifetime. Each three week camp will be limited to 12 students and have a dedicated program chaperone and homestay.
- Take weekend excursions to rainforests, waterfalls, and volcanos
- Gain Spanish fluency by living with a local family and seeing the real way of life in Costa Rica
- Meet and study Spanish with other students your age from all over the world
- Partake in afternoon activities at the school
- Meet locals who are learning English during weekly conversation class where English and Spanish learners are grouped to practice speaking skills
What to Expect
- Take 20 hours of Spanish class Monday through Friday and live with a local family that provide breakfast, dinner, wifi, and laundry.
- Partake in daily activities like dance and cooking class, yoga instruction, and local soccer games while enjoying a hearty lunch every day at the school
- A friendly face will be there to pick you up and drop you off. Likewise you’ll be provided with a local cellphone for emergency support while here with us in Heredia.
-Two all-day, all-inclusive weekend tours are included in the program. Join us on a volcano hike, a rafting trip, or a walk through the jungle to look for monkeys and sloths!
DAY IN THE LIFE:
Spanish Class from 8am - 12pm
Lunch at school
Yoga/ Dance/ Cooking/Art
Checkin & Dinner with Homesetay
Pick-up Soccer Games on Thurs
Conversation Class with locals on Weds
Saturday activities include beach trips and a rafting tour, Sundays are for relaxing and exploring.
4 hours/day of intensive Spanish classes
Airport pickup and dropoff
Afternoon service projects upon request
Small classrooms (max. 6)
Oral exam to ensure proper Spanish leveling
Conversational classes with local Costa Ricans
Tour and map of Heredia and surrounding area
Housing & Meals
To truly immerse its students in Costa Rican culture, Tico Lingo provides each student the opportunity to live with a local family. Located within walking distance of Tico Lingo, each homestay family offers students endless occasions to practice “real life” Spanish.
Beyond the benefits to students, the program also benefits the local families involved with the program. 90% of student payment goes directly to the families hosting. We at Tico Lingo aim to give back to our community as much as we can and promise to only withhold 10% of costs for relative overhead and organizational fees.
- Each Homestay will come with a private room, desk, and closet to store clothes.
- Every Homestay is equipped with wifi so students can contact friends and family back home.
- Once a week, laundry will be collected, washed, and folded for the student.
Fresh fruits and vegetables aplenty! Costa Rican cuisine is known to be nutritionally well rounded, always cooked from scratch, and loaded with the many exotic fruits and vegetables readily available locally. Traditional meals have a home-cooked, comforting feel to them and with the Homestay Program you’ll be given two meals a day, breakfast and dinner.
Morning breakfast is served at 7am and dinner is usually served around 6:30pm.