Online Spanish Classes with Tico Lingo

Study and learn Spanish online with a local Costa Rican Spanish professor from Tico Lingo. Set your own schedule and study the topics that interest you most.

• Improve your grammar, breakdown sentence structure, and learn new vocabulary
  • Converse with a native Spanish speaker from Costa Rica. Advance your speaking skills, listening comprehension, and vocabulary.
  • Focus on a specialized area of the Spanish language like business, healthcare, or law.
  • Study where you want and when you want to!

• Instruction 9.9
  • Content 10
  • Engagement 10
  • Platform 10
Sara

Highly Recommend Tico Lingo Online

I absolutely recommend online Spanish classes with Tico Lingo. After the consultation call with Yenifer, I signed up for 10 hours of online instruction with Zulma. There were several class times that worked well for me and scheduling was easy! As I'm new to Spanish, Zulma gave me vocabulary to learn and taught me basic conversation phrases and skills. I loved talking with Zulma! Taking classes with Tico Lingo from home gave me structured lessons and made me excited to study. I look forward to taking classes at the school one day. For now, I plan to sign up for more classes online.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Learning to speak in all Spanish! Zulma was very patient with me and helped me be more confident in articulating my thoughts.
Harrison

Highly recommend

Not only did Tico Lingo show me the beauties of Costa Rica, I also had the great privilege to be emerged into Tico culture. For three weeks, I lived with Hellen and her beautiful family. Hellen was perfect, since she knew all about Celiacs Disease, and she ensures I never had any gluten. She made me feel safe and comfortable, which I feel is necessary when traveling to a different country. My conversational skills improved immensely while at Tico Lingo, and I am now a much more confident speaker. Lastly, I met people who I will be close to my entire life. If you are looking to be fully immersed into the Costa Rican culture, meet many amazing people, all while exponentially improving your Spanish, then tico lingo is for you.

What was your funniest moment?
To many! One of the students, Chris, who was from the Ivory Coast, and I got along very well. We had many laughs along the way!
Heather

Online Spanish is fun!

I had originally planned to go to Costa Rica in June but wasn't able to due to the coronavirus outbreak. Tico Lingo gave me the option to use my deposit for online classes, and I'll admit I was a bit skeptical. I said sure, let's go for it, and the process was actually really smooth. Classes are all on zoom and they send me reminders before each class starts. My teacher picked up on my Spanish level almost immediately and I began improving my speaking abilities within the first few classes. I'm given a good amount of homework and could see myself continuing classes for the next few months! Love the experience! Ya hablo un poco de español y estoy lista aprender mas! :)

Jennifer

Tico Lingo Spanish Classes

I have been wanting to learn to speak Spanish for a long time. I heard of the Tico Lingo immersion experience and would love to go to Costa Rica for the full experience but with the pandemic such travel has not been an option. When I heard Tico Lingo was offering an on line live learning experience I decided to give it a try. I have been taking classes remotely through Zoom over the past two months and it has been an amazing experience! My teacher Zaida is fabulous and makes the personal one:one learning experience both fun and effective. It has far exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend Tico Lingo to anyone wanting to learn Spanish quickly in a fun way!

Terry

Great class

The classes rule. They're flexible and my teacher is always dialed in on what I need to advance my speaking skills. Zoom and whatsapp work great for connecting and sharing material. I get reminders every day I have a class, which helps tremendously. The face to face online class boosts my confidence to speak to spanish speaking coworkers and clients and gives me the freedom to make tons of dumb errors as I know I can bring those to my online Spanish class and work on those there. Overall great experience. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to improve their speaking abilities.

Julie

Quarantine Spanish

I was scheduled to visit Tico Lingo in July for 3 weeks for the Spanish Immersion program. With the current state of affairs I was devastated that I would not be learning with Tico Lingo this summer. However, they have accepted the challenge of quarantine and this pandemic and set up their Zoom classes pretty flawlessly from my experience. Between WhatsApp and Zoom I feel extremely prepared with materials sent to me and engage in interactions that really cater to my personal Spanish learning style needs. The staff has been exceptional and on top of anything I needed as well as sending nice reminders for class times and Zoom links. I am taking 20 hours of personal classes at the moment and would consider more. I feel confident taking on Spanish language challenges in my spare time as well because I know I can bring questions to class with me and have them answered. Being able to actually practice speaking and listening in real time has been invaluable. I truly hope to one day visit them in Costa Rica and continue this journey. Thank you Tico Lingo!

Shivani

Tico lingo online classes

My name is Shivani and I am currently enrolled in tico lingos online classes!I am with teacher Freddy, who is helping me strengthen my conversational skills in spanish. The classes are so well done and I am learning so much. It is so much fun and I get to use my free time from quarantine to learn a new language! I recommend these online classes as they are a great way to spend your free time and the teachers are fenomenal. You can also choose if you want to learn conversational spanish, grammar, etc.

Take these classes - so rewarding and my Spanish has drastically improved!
Susan

Online Spanish Lessons

Becoming proficient in Spanish has been a goal for many years, so when my son told me Tico Lingo was offering online Zoom lessons, I jumped at the opportunity. My instructor, Ana Lorena, provides a combination of learning techniques, which makes the lessons both engaging and effective, and in just 6 short weeks, my Spanish comprehension and conversation has improved dramatically. Ana Lorena and the entire team at Tico Lingo has been just wonderful to work with - a bright spot in my week - and I look forward to taking my new skills out on the road. Thank you!