Travel For Teens: Ecuador

girl smiling with turtle in ecuador
girl smiling with turtle in ecuador

Embracing the culture of Ecuador, its incredible wildlife, and performing meaningful service to help the local communities is what our time in this amazing country is all about. Build valuable connections as you spend time with students at a local elementary and high school and learn about environmentally friendly farming that supplies food for the community.

Experience the wonder of the Amazon Rainforest as you travel by canoe down a mighty river, marvel at giant waterfalls, and hike to the top of a volcano. Service, culture, incredible sights, and adventure come together to create the perfect summer in Ecuador!

Now Hiring: Travelers with Youth/Education Experience!

Are you passionate about inspiring youth? Do you believe experiential education is crucial to growth and development? TFT staff have the unique opportunity to work with teens in incredible countries all around the globe. Our staff have in-depth knowledge of the destinations we visit and are proven role models and leaders. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Check out our site for more details and to submit your application today!

Olivia

Sea lions, sea turtles, see everything!

This summer was my favorite summer yet. I had the chance to spend a week on the Galapagos Islands and two more weeks in the numerous amazing places in Ecuador. I was able to snorkel with sea lions and sea turtles, learn about Charles Darwin's research, and help out the local community to maintain the island's sustainable practices. The Galapagos were incredible, but I could not wait to go to the Amazon! Not many people can say that they hiked through the Amazon to get to a lodge and shortly after, go piranha fishing, and top off the night with a night-walk to spot giant tarantulas. The adventure did not end there. We hiked up Cotopaxi, one of the tallest volcanos in Ecuador. The views were unbelievable! We finished off the trip but relaxing in natural hot springs, standing in the middle of the world (on the equator), and going on the best ziplining course I've ever seen. This was a truly unforgettable trip, and I have found another country to add to my list of places to re-visit!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Piranha, ants, and medicinal plants found in the Amazon!