Travel for Teens: Fiji

Travel for Teens: Fiji

Come with us to an island archipelago paradise with gorgeous beaches, abundant sea life, friendly people, and tons of hot sun! Fiji deserves all the praise and attention it receives as the untouched natural beauty cannot be justifiably captured in pictures and words alone. Spend your days snorkeling and scuba diving in pristine waters, sea kayaking over amazing reefs, visiting real Fijian villages where you will dance and sing the night away with your new Fijian friends.

Service, Adventure & Culture

Fiji Service and Adventure 1: During this 17-day program we will visit two spectacular island chains. We'll spend our days snorkeling, diving, sailing, kayaking, feasting on traditional foods, meeting locals, soaking in Fijian culture, and volunteering at a Fijian school.

Fiji Service and Adventure 2: For those who want a shorter program, check out the 13-day version of our longer Fiji Service program!

Adventure & Culture

Fiji Scuba and Adventure: Dive into an unforgettable summer of exploring the spectacular country of Fiji, both in and out of the water! Get your PADI certification in paradise as you pair your underwater scuba adventures with the fascinating culture of the Fijian people.

Oceania » Fiji
Program Categories

Show 1 - 7 of 7
Carly

Travel for teens fiji

Bula everyone! This past 2017 summer I had the privilege of attending the adventures and service work in Fiji ! It was the most incredible thing I have even done !! The highlight for me would definitely be working and playing with the children there! I cannot say one bad thing about the locals as well, they were so inclusive to us we played volleyball with them and did lots of java ceremonies. Every night at one of the resorts we had a super fun dance party with my group, song and dance around the bonfire and live on Fiji time. The community service portion was also one of the best things about the trip, we got to sing and dance with the kids at the school, on our lunch break play soccer and get fresh coconuts off the trees. I will never forget the breath taking scenery of Fiji. It was truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever gone too. The part I miss most about this trip would be the people I met on it. We FaceTime weekly and can’t wait to meet up again somewhere! The hardest part about travel for teens is picking the destenation, I right now cannot figure out what trip I am going on for the 2018 summer! I just hope it will be as spectacular as Fiji !

More planned activities

Priya

Fiji Service and Adventure

Last summer presented itself with a unique opportunity to go to Fiji. Fiji highlighted its massive coconut trees, marine life diversity (manta rays, sharks, vibrant coral!) and most importantly its warmhearted people. I loved immersing myself in a culturally diverse environment and interacting with the locals. We participated in kava ceremonies and talked about everything from rugby to our personal lives.
The community service took place on Nacula Island. Our group worked to complete the painting and beautification of two school buildings. While working, we peaked through the classroom windows to see eager children learning and absorbing information like a sponge. And at that moment I felt a deep responsibility to create a sound environment for them so that nothing impedes their learning.
Overall, this trip definitely shaped me and I can't wait for more opportunities like this!

More scuba diving

Ali

Fiji Service and Adventure

My second trip with TFT did not disappoint. Going into the trip, I had extremely high expectations from my previous Thailand Elephant Service and Adventure trip, and TFT continues to blow me away. From the packed itinerary to the gorgeous accommodations and unique cultural immersion, I always felt that I had something to be grateful for. I truly experienced Fijian culture with a trip to the nearby island village that included a traditional church service and a home cooked lunch by a local family. Fijian people are some of the friendliest and kind-hearted individuals I have ever met. Helping out at the local primary school by building an incinerator and playing with the kids during recess was a fulfilling experience. I loved diving into the crystal blue waters to swim, scuba dive, and snorkel with sharks! I was continuously pushed out of my comfort zone by foreign cuisine and sunrise mountain hikes, which provided some of the most rewarding views of my life. My trip leaders and counselors were friendly, fun, and responsible. I cannot wait to travel with TFT again this summer!

kianoosh

Travel For Teens Fiji Community Service 17 Days

I absolutely loved this trip! It was my first time traveling with TFT and it definitely lived up to my expectations. We had so many amazing community service opportunities: working in schools with kids, cleaning up trash off local beaches, renovating building and even building the foundation for a waste management system. On top of that, we did several scenic hikes, went kayaking and snorkeling and even went to secret caves. Overall, this trip is truly one of a kind. I highly recommend this once in a life time experience to anyone who is looking to improve the world and take on an adventure!

Nothing! I loved this program from start to finish.

Madelyn

Fiji Service Trip

The Fiji Service Trip is one of the most fun and enriching experiences I have ever had. I was super nervous about flying, living and working with total strangers, but when I got to the airport and met our trip leader and everyone else, I instantly felt at home. The whole trip was amazing but the most memorable thing for me was having to say goodbye to everyone at the airport. I was so sad to leave because I felt I was leaving a family. I really believe that that is what makes Travel For Teens trips so awesome, the fact that you leave each trip with a second family.

The only thing I would improve is the supervision aspect of the trip. There were a couple of moments when we were in town shopping and a couple members of our group walked away and our leader did not notice.

Gabrielle

Life Changing in Fiji

Last summer, I went on Travel for Teen's Fiji Service and Adventure trip and I can honestly say my entire life has changed because of it and TFT. As I prepared for my trip, I was not at all expecting what I was about to encounter. I arrived in Los Angeles, and immediately was welcomed with a giant hug from the trip counselor, and was introduced to all of the amazing people who would be traveling on the 13 hour flight to Nadi with me. This is something that makes TFT different; they are more than just the traveling, it is the relationships that count and they make it feel like a family. As we arrived in Fiji, we were met by the Fijian people with welcoming arms, hugs, kisses, and warm smiles. Not only had TFT made us feel welcome and loved, like a family, but the people of this far away, indigenous country were the friendliest people I had ever met. As the trip continued, I learned so much about Fiji: the food, the people, the culture. But what made the trip so life changing was more than that, it was the immense overload of love these people of all ages had for us. One of the days, we visited a small island where the native tribal people had never gone further than a mile offshore to catch fish for dinner. With nothing but eachother, they did not even have a toilet, they opened their arms up to us and provided us with all the food they had and everything they could afford. These people had little to nothing, and they used all their resources to make us feel loved. I had never experienced ANYTHING like it, and I am so thankful to TFT for helping me to experience a country and its people, and for ultimately changing my entire outlook on life and providing me with these amazing opportunities. TFT and Fiji are both examples of true love and compassion, and I am grateful beyond words for them both.

The only thing that could have been improved about my trip was the weather, but that was completely out of TFT's control and despite the rainy days, they made it extremely fun and the trip changed my life.

Annie

AMAZING TRIP

This trip is full of adventure and amazing people. Trip of a life time that WILL give you the travel bug! Fiji is one of the most beautiful places on this planet.
Fiji is a small island nation, and most of the trip is spent on the Yasawa islands, so most of the time on the trip is spent surrounded by beautiful beaches and endless inspirational horizons. The trip provides unique opportunities to be a traveler and not a tourist by engaging with the local communities in service projects. TFT has been taking teens to Fiji for years, which has allowed for good relationships to build over time. I always felt like I was in good, safe hands during my time in Fiji.

Travel for Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience. TFT's motto is...