Abbey Road High School French Immersion Homestay Program in St. Laurent-du-Var

Abbey Road High School French Immersion Homestay Program in St. Laurent-du-Var

Explore the beautiful French Riviera with Abbey Road in our Summer High School French Immersion Homestay program in St. Laurent-du-Var, France! Wander through old cobblestone streets, indulge in the local culture, and practice speaking French with locals at cafes, fashion boutiques, and art festivals.

Study the French language, art, and history with other international teens, go on exciting excursions to Nice, Cannes, Monaco, Antibes, Ezé, Saint Tropez, and more! Experience living independently abroad in France with our generous and accommodating host families. Opt into our Travel Extension to Paris and make the most out of your summer! Visit Abbey Road’s site to learn more about other high school summer programs in Europe and North America, or to Apply Now!

• Flexibility
Age Max
Application Fee
Deposit
Includes:
All academics (majors, electives and workshops)
All meals and housing (three meals a day)
All activities, excursions and day trips
International phone and Wi-Fi plan

Orlando
San Leandro, California
Morehouse College

My Son Had An Amazing Trip

My son Joseph decided that he wants to become fluent in French. He found Abbey Road by searching for French immersion programs. As this was my son's first time traveling by himself and his first experience out of the country, I confess I was concerned. But, I soon realized that my concerns were completely unfounded. The fine professionals at Abbey Road provide a safe, secure experience in which every parent can have complete confidence. My son had an amazing time in St. Laurent-du-Var and the Paris extension, which I recommend very highly, by the way. Joseph came back with greatly improved language skills, a deep appreciation for the French culture, and an expanded world view. I could not be happier.

Maddie
McLean, VA

Homestay!

I loved the St Laurent Du Var program! I can't imagine living any other way besides with a family. I really enjoyed the immersion in French with my homestay family. The trips were fun and often allowed me to experience a piece of the culture of southern France, while also giving me time to explore and bond with my roommates and peers. I am an advanced French speaker, so the advanced class was a bit too easy, but I enjoyed the chance to practice my French anyway. The night soirées were fun and I really got to explore the St Laurent Du Var boardwalk. I would highly recommend the Abbey Road programs!

The program could be improved by creating more class levels and offering electives more often.

Juliette
Westport, CT

Fantastic Experience

I am about to finish my time on this program and I have enjoyed it so much! I have made amazing friends and memories. My favorite part of this trip was the homestay. I was in a house with two other girls on the trip and my family was fantastic. My homestay mother was the sweetest woman I could have ever wished for and my dad was so funny and cared so much about us. The two sons (16 and 7) helped us immerse in the culture and understand what it's like to be a french child. We went on many trips outside of St. Laurent which were both cultural and extremely enjoyable. My advice to anyone who is signing up for this trip is to try to speak as much french as possible in and out of the classroom in order to learn the most possible French.

This year, there was not a classroom for all three levels of French class so sometimes we found ourselves learning on the grass which became a bit distracting and uncomfortable. In class we also spent a lot of time on specific grammar lessons which was not exactly what I was looking to study in France. I asked a few times if we could do more conversational learning but my best advice would be to take the conversation class if that is what you're looking for.

Emma
Wilmette, IL

A Great Time

I loved the St. Laurent program. The homestay family was especially memorable. They were more than hospitable and spending time with them at dinner and having meaningful conversation was such a good way to learn. They had an extensive garden and it definitely showed in their cuisine, honestly some of the best food I've had.
Outside the homestay, the trip was a lot of fun. We went to the beach almost everyday and by the end, we were pretty familiar with the best places to go on the main strip in St. Laurent. I was also surprised by how many places we got to visit. We took lots of day trips and we were able to really see what the French Riviera has to offer from the Picasso museum to parasailing in Nice.
I'd recommend this trip over the Nice trip because 1) I can't imagine not having the homestay experience and 2) our group was about half the size and that made the travel easier and the experience a lot more personal.

I'd say the classes and activities were boring sometimes but the leaders were pretty flexible with what we wanted.

Ethan
Short Hills NJ

Great experience

I really enjoyed my time in France. I lived with two different host families. I especially enjoyed the first family because they only spoke French. I really wanted to get the full immersion experience when I was there. There were a lot of different activities at night and on the weekends.
My French is pretty advanced so the class work wasn't very challenging, but I learned a lot just by living with the family and speaking to storeowners etc.

My favorite part was the weekend excursions to other cities like Cannes and Monaco.

I would have liked to have more independence. We could only go out as a group, but not all of us lived close enough to each other. I also wish there had been more elective options in the afternoon.

Abbey Road Programs provides several summer programs for high school students. From study abroad, to language and cultural immersion, to student travel around Europe, Abbey Road is proud to offer it! With program locations currently in Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, USA, Canada and the