Abbey Road High School Summer Immersion Program in Cádiz, Spain

Abbey Road High School Summer Immersion Program in Cádiz, Spain

Travel to Cádiz, Spain during your next summer break from high school with Abbey Road! Jump at the chance to practice your Spanish with locals and immerse yourself in Spain's vibrant culture and lifestyle. Whether they're rising freshmen or graduating seniors, high school students with an intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Spanish language are eligible to attend this homestay program in this ancient southern port city of Cádiz which sits right between Seville and Gibraltar. Here, high school students will not only be perfecting their conversational Spanish, but will have a choice of electives such as Studio Art, Spanish History, Digital Photography, and Community Service, and will be taking weekly excursions such as Sevilla, Cordoba, Tarifa, Gibraltar, Conil, Jerez, Los Toruños, and El Puerto to name a few. Visit Abbey Road’s site to learn more about Cádiz, and their other high school summer abroad programs!

• Flexible
Age Max
Application Fee
Deposit
Includes:
All academics (majors, electives and workshops)
All meals and housing (three meals a day)
All activities, excursions and day trips
International phone and Wi-Fi plan
Pre-Summer Language Courses and Tutoring Online

George
San Mateo, California

Won't Forget Spain

Abbey Road's Cádiz immersion trip gives you unbelievable freedom and puts the opportunity to drastically improve your language skills in your hands. Between the language classes and cultural studies classes, you get the opportunity to walk around the city and find the places you want to go or the things you want to do. My friends and I frequented a café so much in the late afternoon that the waiter started to recognize us. We went surfing, hung around on the beach afterward, then walked the beach walk at night. We talked with some people from Salamanca about travel, then made our way back to our homes to sleep in the classic Spanish fashion (late). The staff was always so helpful and the connections I made I know will last. I can say without a doubt that my Spanish improved after the program, especially more practical applications and colloquialisms. Abbey Road was the perfect summer program for me; for anyone interested in travel, language, and culture, Abbey Road is the right program for you.

Nicole
New York

This was my first time participating in a study abroad program

This was my first time participating in a study abroad program. I had heard about ten tours before. I chose the study abroad program with Abbey Road to help improve my Spanish.
The teachers were great! They really encouraged us to speak more Spanish and helped us to understand more. We actually get out of the classroom and talk to local people and learn Spanish through living in the city and interacting with native Spanish speakers.
Living in the residence in Barcelona was similar to college life. We did cooking, which was really fun. Learning to cook new recipes and trying new foods was a completely new experience. My favorite was tortilla.
By the end of the program I really learned a lot about how to manage for myself, meet new people and be more confident.

Jamie
San Jose, CA

The Abbey Road Program in Cadiz has been one of the best summers of my life.

It was truly a life changing experience. Abbey Road made this experience so personal, I felt I was there with my family and friends. The homestay family was so nice to me and kept offering me different foods to taste and sharing their Spanish culture with me. I improved my Spanish. I learned some local Spanish expressions that I never knew from the US.

One of my favorite beaches was La Caleta, because it was in between castles. It was so amazing to sunbathe and look up in see castles.
Our Spanish classes were taught in an interactive fun way so I actually enjoyed practicing my Spanish with local vendors and teenagers, something I never get to do back home. My host mother whom I called Senora, taught me to prepare delicious tapas that I shared with my family when I returned home to the US.

Thank you Abbey Road for the most amazing time!

Lindsey
New York, NY
University of Georgia

Great Experience!

I attended the Abbey Road program in Spain the summer before my senior year. It was easily one of the most impactful and transformative experiences I have had. Not only did I make friends that I still keep in touch with, (almost 7 years later!) it helped me focus my studies once in college. I graduated with a double major in Spanish and part of what kept my going in my studies was the experience I had with Abbey Road. Seeing the importance of being bilingual and various cultures I could experience propelled me to complete more than the minimum language requirements while in college. Additionally, my plan after graduation was to move to Spain and teach English. Although this didn't work out because of the economy issues, Abbey Road opened my eyes to alternative careers after graduation.

Abbey Road was always extremely well-organized and perfectly balanced "fun time" with studies. I always felt safe and taken care of and truly experienced the Spanish culture. I would recommend Abbey Road whole heartedly to any high school student who wants to travel, learn about other cultures, and make great friends.

I would have preferred to spend more time in Sevilla and less time in Córdoba or Granada.

Abbey Road Programs provides several summer programs for high school students. From study abroad, to language and cultural immersion, to student travel around Europe, Abbey Road is proud to offer it! With program locations currently in Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, USA, Canada and the