Abbey Road High School Summer Immersion Program in Barcelona, Spain

Travel to Barcelona, Spain during your next summer break from high school with Abbey Road! Jump at the chance to practice your Spanish with locals and immerse yourself in Barcelona's vibrant culture and lifestyle. Whether you've never taken Spanish in school, or you're trying to become fluent, our program in Barcelona is a great way to fast forward your skills.

Here, high school students will not only be practicing and perfecting their conversational Spanish, but will have a choice of electives such as Studio Art, Spanish History, Digital Photography, and Community Service, and will be taking weekly excursions such as Figueres, Montserrat, Tarragona, Girona, Cadaques and Tossa de Mar to name a few. Visit Abbey Road’s site to learn more about Barcelona and their other high school summer abroad programs!

• Flexible

• In-program Support 10
  • Impact on Student 10
Flora

My Daughter's Summer in Barcelona

Abbey Road was fantastic! My daughter Brooke had a blast and the group seemed very nice. All the adults were great and went out of their way when Brooke left her computer in the Barcelona airport during a strike!

Brooke loved that she was in the classroom one hour and the rest of the morning the class was out experiencing and learning in a Spanish environment. Brooke said her Spanish teacher was the best Spanish teacher she had ever had. She also was in the lowest level Spanish class- there were only 2 students in her class and she loved spending time learning- very personal. The entire experience was fantastic! She really liked the dorm and she liked all that they did.

I specifically like that she was able to learn Spanish while experiencing Spanish. Some programs students just stay in the classroom. I like that she was able to enjoy learning in a creative fun way!

Everyone was great and it was very safe!

Bryan

Sharing My Experience with Abbey Road Programs

Barcelona was spectacular. I had so much fun learning a new language and exploring Spanish culture. Picasso museum, Dali art museum and the cathedral were my favorite places in Barcelona. During our stay I learned a lot about Catalonia and Spain in general. I liked that most of our Spanish classes were out of the classroom. Teachers were so nice and caring, especially Alicia. She was such a good teacher, she knew how to keep us engaged and energized during the whole stay. I wish I had more free time to go shopping.

Ryan

Barcelona Summer 2017

Abbey Road was fantastic! The staff was great and went out of their way on many occasions. My Spanish teacher Alicia was one of the best Spanish teachers I ever had. I came back from Barcelona feeling confident in my ability to hold long conversations.

I loved that we were in a classroom one hour and the rest of the morning the class was out experiencing and learning in a Spanish environment. The dorm was very nice and we enjoyed hanging by the rooftop pool. The food was amazing. We went to a large variety of restaurants and I was able to try a lot of new foods. Overall, the program exceeded my expectations!

Brooke

Very happy with them. Strongly recommend!!!

Everyone was great and it was very safe!

Just so glad that we chose Abbey Road. Keep up the good work! Thank you!
Nicki

My experience with Abbey Road Programs in Barcelona

I was expecting a lot from the program, but it went above and beyond my expectations. I have always wanted to go to Barcelona. I love the fact that it’s a bigger city and there are a lot of beaches. I wanted to be somewhere where everyone spoke Spanish. The only downside of Barcelona was that they spoke Catalan, which is their version of Spanish, but everyone knows regular Spanish so it ended up working out just fine. I [also] chose the Barcelona program because I also wanted a pre-college experience over a homestay.

For me personally, I was going to be more comfortable living in a residence with other students than living with a family I didn’t know. By the end of the program I wanted to be able to have conversations completely Spanish, no Spanglish and I really did accomplish this. I was able to communicate with the locals and the counselors. The Spanish classes that I took were really helpful because they weren’t your typical Spanish classroom classes. The class took your learning into the real world of Spain. We were able to go out and apply what we were learning and I really appreciated that over a regular classroom setting. I also wanted to be able to manage myself as I would in college like budgeting my expenses. I wanted to be able to provide for myself.
The residence was perfect for what we were dealing with. The kitchen was really nice. There was even a bathroom in my room! I really appreciated having my own space and that’s another reason I chose this program. I’ve never lived in a dorm before, but when I showed my parents where I was living they told me it was the nicest dorm I would ever get to experience so I felt lucky. The location was good. It was close to two metro stations and there was a taxi station just down the road. I really liked the food! I ended up having a really big appreciation for Spanish food by the end of the program. I’m not a seafood person and by the end of the program, I ended up loving seafood. I think the staff took us to the right places to have lunch and dinner. When we had to find food for ourselves we were able to very easily. I also like how we got to cook for ourselves. I learned how to cook authentic Spanish cuisine.

I loved all the staff on my program. They were all so nice and they liked to have fun with us and be safe. They taught us a lot and I really appreciated that. They were all wonderful. I think my instructors are obviously a little different than the instructors I have back home. They really took our learning outside the classroom and into the real world of Barcelona where I learned show much more compared to traditional teaching methods.

About Abbey Road Programs

Abbey Road Programs provides several summer programs for high school students. From study abroad, to language and cultural immersion, to student travel around Europe, Abbey Road is proud to offer it! With program locations currently in Spain, France,...