CIEE High School Semester/Year Abroad Program in Ireland

Hiking a trail in Ireland
Hiking a trail in Ireland
High school students in Ireland
High school students in Ireland

Get ready for an authentic Irish educational experience, complete with a traditional school uniform. At a local boys’ or girls’ high school, you’ll study alongside Irish peers and choose from a wide variety of courses, all taught in English. What will you do on weekends? Catch the latest movie on a rainy day in Dublin. Surf at Lahinch Beach, a rugged beach near the Cliffs of Moher. Visit the Ring of Kerry, a peninsula in southern Ireland. These are just a few of the things students do with their host families, CIEE friends, and other international students.

Melissa

Overall amazing!

Greetings everyone, my name is Melissa Gallant, and my semester abroad in Ireland altered my life indefinitely. Forming a bond with a lovely family, exploring the rolling landscapes, and delving into a new school system were just some advantageous aspects of studying abroad, especially in Ireland. Recently, as I entered senior year, my mind turned to studying abroad again -- for college! I aspire to study at Jacobs University, which is in Germany.