Pre-College at CET Florence: Global Perspectives & Intensive Italian

Pre-College at CET Florence: Global Perspectives

Take on the rich culture of Italy through three facets—food, art, and society.

During your time in Italy you will discover local art, architecture, politics, Italian cuisine, and even travel to learn how the Palio horse race has influenced Sienese society and culture.

You take two courses; one course that explores your program’s theme and one that focuses on conversational Italian. You will be placed into the appropriate language group based on your previous experience.

• Take college-level coursework
  • Curriculum that emphasizes hands-on, experiential learning
  • Experience the Palio horse race, visit world-class museums, climb the Duomo
  • Travel to Siena for six days to explore Italian culture on another level

Allie

Florence, Italy Summer 2018

I loved studying abroad with CET this summer! The classes were very fun and engaging, and the staff was helpful . Of all of the activities and excursions that were organized by the program, my favorite was visiting Siena for a weekend. If I had any advice for someone who is thinking about studying abroad in high school, I would say to not be afraid and be very open minded while applying and going on the trip!

Rosie

Take the Leap! Go abroad with CET!

Going to Florence with CET was probably the best decision I have ever made. I am so thankful to those who convinced me to go, despite my hesitations. Being both an inexperienced traveler and a pretty anxious person, I am so glad that my first experience abroad was with CET. I think about my time in Florence every day, and I cannot wait to go back and visit all the amazing places my cohort and I discovered while abroad.