Travel For Teens: Japan

Join TFT on a journey to the Land of The Rising Sun! Japan is a country filled with ancient cultures, strong traditions, and technology of the future. From the flashy cityscape of Tokyo to the peaceful temples of Kyoto and majestic Mt. Fuji, Japan will astonish even the most well-traveled students.

Service & Culture

Japan Discovery and Service: Delve into ancient history and time-tested traditions as you journey to Japan for the adventure of a lifetime! Volunteer with the community as you work side by side with locals on a variety of projects while discovering the amazingly unique Japanese culture.

Emily

My experience in Japan.

I went to Japan with Travel for Teens as a teenager who didn’t know what she wanted from life. I have always been interested in Japanese culture but before I went on this trip I didn’t know it would have such a huge impact on who I am right now. I have actually chosen to major in Japanese language at my university and I will be returning to Japan next year for a study abroad session. This trip with Travel for teens changed my life.

Make it last a little bit longer
Jacob

Exciting and Interesting

This was truly an amazing experience. We volunteered for the earthquake and tsunami disaster relief effort in the Iwate region, visited magical hidden shrines in the rural town of Nikko, experienced volcanic springs in the mountainous region of Hakone, and explored big cities like Tokyo and Hiroshima, as well as got a first-hand perspective of local customs and culture. The hotels were always safe and comfortable, and our tour guide, Akemi, is one of the most wonderful people I know and has vast knowledge of Japan. 10/10 would go on this trip again.

I only wished we could stay longer!
Efren

Setting My Soul Free

Before this trip, i was very introverted. I was the one in the back and who's voice was never heard. One of the greatest weaknesses I had was social anxiety, and I was going on a trip with a bunch of other kids my age who I thought I would never get along with at first. No one really paid much attention to me until we left, and from there I bonded with each individual teen and counselor. On that trip I completely let loose and began making friends who I am still friends with today, and this experience has definitely taught me to open my soul up to the people around me, and establish a connection with anyone I meet.

The only thing that others may be cautious of is staying with the group. i wandered off a lot, but could be Japanese. I also had to spend the night at an airport, waiting for my plane, alone.
Efren

Efren's Great Adventure

This experience was the best that I ever had! Before this experience; I was very shy and an introverted but after the trip I was persuaded to leave my comfort zone and explore what the world was like with my own eyes. That is something that no other program can give you. Since that day, I have been inspired to meet new people and travel the world and continue growing in the same way that Travel For Teens taught me. If anyone decides to take this trip, be prepared to try new things, and to leave a better person than before the trip.

The only improvement that can be done is to give us a more adjustable time frame to adapt to the tie changes.
Casey

Japan Discovery!

For my first time traveling to Asia, I could not have asked for a better experience. TFT Japan Discovery was truly an incredible experience. We got the amazing opportunity to travel to Hiroshima to listen to a speech from a survivor of the bombing. The service portion of the trip was also excellent. We helped relief victims from the Tsunami and we also visited a Japanese school! I still keep in contact with a few of the girls, even though they are overseas. My only advice for this trip would be to keep an open mind so you can enjoy Japanese culture to its fullest. The fact that it is extemely different from the United States makes traveling to Japan an excellent learning experience. Remember to bow!

Alena

Experience in Japan

The Travel for Teens Japan trip was an excellent experience. We spent a lot of time traveling around the entire country, so we got a very good view of the culture throughout Japan. The trip counselors were organized and prepared for anything that might happen. Some of the best days of the trip included the community service in a Tono, which is relatively unknown to many Japanese people. We had a great time speaking with Japanese people and working with them to clear a pumpkin patch. Another day we got to visit school children and work with them in their environment. We also got to have many experiences to bond with every member of the group in activities. We also visited many temples and shrines with our Japanese tour guide, who was excellent. Our group tried many new foods and got to experience a lot of typical Japanese events, such as our visit to a local fish market. Overall, my trip to Japan was a wonderful time and I highly recommend Travel for Teens and this specific trip to anyone willing to travel.

If anything, I would like to have spent some more time volunteering but all of the activities we did were great.

About Travel For Teens

Travel For Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience.

TFT's motto is...