Projects Abroad High School Volunteer Program in Kenya

Travel to Kenya over the summer as a High School volunteer with Projects Abroad. Volunteers can choose to join us in a Conservation, Medicine, or Care & Community project in Kenya.

We have something for everyone! Make a difference as you see Kenya's most beautiful and breathtaking scenery and wildlife.

For more details, visit Projects Abroad's site for high school programs!

• Choose a project you are passionate about that fits your interests
  • Volunteer with other teenagers from around the world and make lifelong friends
  • Get 24/7 support from the local staff
  • Make a difference where it is needed most
  • Have fun exploring the country and its culture over the weekends

New Gap Semester Programs!

🌍 Cultural Exchange ⭐ Experiential Learning 📅 6 weeks+

Asia, Africa, and Beyond! Looking for an alternative to virtual learning? Our new Going Beyond gap semester programs are a safe, structured, yet flexible option to see the world while gaining valuable work experience and knowledge abroad. Half semester up to a full year - choose your own path and tasks. Next escape is November 8th!

Discover more & Apply! - Limited spaces available.

Danaé

Getting a taste of the medical world in a developing country

Last summer I went to Kenya. I was just 16 years old and it was the first time traveling alone outside the country. Projects Abroad has made sure that this experience went smoothly and they made me feel save. I am interested in working in the medical field, and I want to study medicine in the future. The project gave me lots of opportunities to get a taste of the field I want to be working in. They also checked loads of times whether everything was okay and like the way that we expected. In this way the project was altered to make it even more rememberable. The crew in Kenya was really friendly and made sure that my journey was unforgettable. In the weekends they also planned fun activities, because you should also enjoy the country while you're there of course. The safari was the most fun of all the different activities.

There were a lot of days planned in the local hospital, however at a certain point there wasn't really much we could do because we did not have a degree to perform medical procedures. We talked about this with the project leader and they came with good alternatives. I am quite sure that they will take this into consideration while planning future projects, to make sure that there is always something you can do.
Response from Projects Abroad

Hi Danaé,
I’m happy to hear about your fantastic time away with us on our High School Specials Medicine project in Kenya. Great things are achieved when volunteers join our global community. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated not just by us but by the local community. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Carol Mungai, Country Director for Kenya