- Costa Rica
- San José
View Other Details
FINANCIAL AID IS AVAILABLE: We offer between 10-50% financial aid based on need. Please submit our financial aid application if interested.
This transformative 4-week program in Costa Rica focuses on authentic community service, immersive homestay experiences, and off-the-beaten path adventures. The program begins with rainforest adventures: zip-lining, rock climbing, and white water rafting in a pristine rainforest preserve. You'll bond with your group and prepare for a life-changing immersion experience. The service and homestay portion of the program takes place in the gorgeous coffee-farming region. Mornings are spent on the work site and afternoons are spent volunteering in schools, teaching English, or playing soccer with the locals. This program is ideal for high school students looking to improve their Spanish skills while having a transformative experience, and making friendships that will last a lifetime.
- OUR MODEL: Our hallmark model includes meaningful community service, cross-cultural exchange, and living and volunteering in rural homestay communities.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE: Students receive a certificate for 40 to 60 community service hours.
- LEARNING GOALS: Spanish, construction, leadership, outdoor skills
- GROUP SIZE: Up to 18 students, Co-ed, 2 U.S. leaders, 2-3 Costa Rican Staff
- DATES: June 30, 2022 - July 28, 2022