This transformative 4-week program in Costa Rica focuses on authentic community service, immersive homestay experiences, and off-the-beaten path adventures. This program is ideal for high school students looking to improve their Spanish skills while having a transformative experience with their peers.
The program begins with rainforest adventures: zip-lining, rock climbing, and white water rafting in a pristine rainforest preserve. You'll bond with your group and prepare for a life-changing immersion experience. The service and homestay portion of the program takes place in the gorgeous coffee-farming region. Mornings are spent on the work site and afternoons are spent volunteering in schools, teaching English, or playing soccer with the locals.
- OUR MODEL: Our hallmark model includes meaningful community service, cross-cultural exchange, and living and volunteering in rural homestay communities.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE: Students receive a certificate for 40 to 60 community service hours.
- LEARNING GOALS: Spanish, construction, leadership, outdoor skills
- GROUP SIZE: Up to 18 students, Co-ed, 2 U.S. leaders, 2-3 Costa Rican Staff
- DATES: June 30, 2020 - July 28, 2020