Travel For Teens: Peru

Embracing Peruvian culture and performing meaningful service to help the local communities is what our time in this amazing country is all about. Build valuable connections with Peruvian families as you live like a local in our homestay program. Experience the eclectic mix of cultures as you travel to key parts of Peru, including the mesmerising fabled Incan city of Machu Picchu. Service, culture, incredible sights, and adventure come together to create the perfect Peruvian summer!

Service, Adventure & Culture

Peru Discovery and Service: Join us on this spectacular trip to Peru as you explore the most iconic sites of this South American gem while also participating in meaningful volunteer projects!

Peru Service and Adventure: For the travellers wanting to spend more time exploring Peru, join us on this program for an additional week of amazing adventures to add to your Discovery and Service program.

Peru, Ecuador and the Galápagos Adventure and Service: Join us on this 22-day adventure as we discover the best of Peru and Ecuador! Majestic volcanos, breathtaking islands, and quaint villages await you as you experience natural beauty paired with meaningful service work with local communities.

Sofia

Peru Service and Adventure summer 2018

This past summer (summer 2018) was my second year traveling with Travel For Teens, and my first year as a counselor in training, or CIT. In July, I set off with TFT on Peru Service and Adventure. This was the trip of a lifetime! For 21 days we traveled around the beautiful countryside and immersed ourselves into the rich Incan culture. What I loved about the trip is the equal balance of both the service work and the thrill-seeking. The community service we did for the schools and in the town of Misinay, Peru was one of the most humbling experiences of my life. This portion of the trip is where we got a sense of what life is really like for these people. For a few days, we were a part of the family and community. We were welcomed with open arms and were sent off with the warmest of hugs and heavy hearts. The goodbyes were bittersweet, as we all would miss our host families, but were excited about continuing on our adventure. The other half of the trip was just as inspiring as the first. Being the adrenaline-junky that I am, I was thrilled to go white-water rafting, walk across suspension bridges in the Amazon Rainforest, stand in awe of the beauty of Macchu Picchu, and visit the great floating islands of Lake Titicaca! Everyday was a new adventure and an checkmark off the bucket list! I am so thankful for the opportunity to experience it with TFT, the memories and the friendships that I made will last me a lifetime. Also, for me I had the unique experience of being the CIT for the trip, which gave me insights on what goes on behind the scenes. It was a new level of responsibility that allowed me to bridge the gap between the students and the counselors. I loved this incredible learning experience and it added so much to my trip! Needless to say the trip was an once in a lifetime adventure for me, and Peru now holds a very special place in my heart. All thanks to TFT!

I don't think there is anything that can be improved upon with this trip, I loved every part of it!
Joshua

GO TFT PERU!

In the summer of 2017, I was fortunate enough to embark on TFT’s Peru Service Trip and experience eleven days of wonder and bliss that I will cherish for the rest of my life. From the start, the TFT staff were extremely helpful and well-organized. At each destination I was provided with clean, safe, and comfortable accommodations and each activity was culturally immersive and fun. My counselors really fostered an inclusive and pleasant environment for everyone on the trip. Both counselors exceeded my expectations in every aspect and it truly speaks to the kind of company TFT is! I am happy to say that I am still in contact with everyone from the trip even a year later.

Sofia

Trip of a lifetime

Lily

Peru Service and Discovery

This was my second trip with TFT and it was so fun. I went on this trip because I loved the first trip I did, South Africa service. This trip was amazing because there were so many different experiences. My favorite part of this trip was the home stay we did, this was the part I was most nervous about because I had no idea what to expect. But it was amazing, the hosts were so welcoming and it was something I had never experienced before. It allowed me to see how differently people live. Overall this trip was amazing.

I would say more service, we did a good amount but when you are there you see how much more you could be doing.
Colleen

Peru discovery and service

This was my first trip with tft and my first trip abroad! And I have nothing but positive things to say about tft. The way they organize the trip is incredible, I did not have to worry about anything. The counselors and other teens were so nice, supportive, and made the trip that much better. My parents loved the daily email updates and pictures, they said it felt like they were there with me. Peru was an amazing country to visit, and the community service part of the trip was an eye opener. I enjoyed every single day and miss the country so much especially the small town of Misminay (where we did the community service work) This is one trip I will never forget. I now have a new love for travel thanks to tft.

Isabel

TFT Sicily

This past summer, I went on the Sicily Community Service trip. This was my second Travel for Teens trip, and each one gets better! The home we stayed at was absolutely amazing. Right when we arrived, they welcomed us with open arms and big smiles. The location is absolutely incredible, and I immediately felt at home with the breathtaking scenery and sweet children running around. It was familiar enough to feel comfortable, but different enough to really open my eyes. It was the perfect balance of rewarding service and exploring throughout the island. The family made us feel like another member of their own. We helped set the table, make dinner, and even celebrated a birthday. Overall, it was an absolutely incredible experience, one that is very close to my heart. I will always remember the friendships I made with so many of the children, and the memories that I made with so many. Thank you TFT for such an amazing experience. I will always remember it!

About Travel For Teens

Travel For Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience.

TFT's motto is...