Projects Abroad High School Project in Samoa

Projects Abroad volunteer in school in Samoa
Projects Abroad volunteer in school in Samoa

Join Projects Abroad in Samoa with fellow teenage volunteers from around the world! Volunteer projects for High School students take place during the summer in and around the capital of Apia.

Join us in a Care & Community project for 2 weeks and experience the traditional Samoan way of life in a village while you become part of the community and help local teacher in schools and care centers.

Visit the Projects Abroad website for more details.

Naomi

Eye-opening experience

I loved the time I volunteered in Samoa. Not only were all the staff lovely, but the host families and people you met along the way, were as well. On the days that you experienced the local way of life, it showed you how truly beautiful an island life is. Not to mention the activities and other planned days are absolutely amazing as well. Working with the staff and students, was an amazing and unforgettable experience. Not only, were they all very lovely but also the amount of satisfaction that you gain from this experience is amazing. For me, this project ticked all of my boxes. I have always loved working and helping children out, as well as doing community service as well. Lastly, the places that you visit are absolutely beautiful and will make you want to revisit again, I certainly am.
Naomi

My advice for this experience is to take everything for granted and say 'yes' to every opportunity. I further encourage, getting to know the locals, the staff and your homestays as you will make connections very easily. Oh and have fun!
Response from Projects Abroad

Hi Naomi,

Wow, what lovely feedback regarding the program in Samoa! It’s hard not to fall in love with the people there, and we definitely understand your desire to return one day.

We particularly like the advice you give about expecting the unexpected and how it allowed you to fully embrace the culture. We are so pleased you are able to help the community during your project but we want you to grow as a person too.

If you ever get the chance to return to Samoa and help out again, we would absolutely love to have you back. I’m sure the children you worked with over there would love to see you again too!

Thanks again Naomi, and welcome to the Projects Abroad alumni community!

Duncan
Projects Abroad - Senior Project Expert Australia

About Projects Abroad

Projects Abroad is a global organization formed around the need for gap year programs abroad designed for students taking a break from studying. Since its inception, Projects Abroad has expanded to offer high school volunteer programs, and a vast...