Education Challenges in South Africa

Participants develop a deeper understanding of and appreciation for South African people, history, and culture that is deeply enriching.

We delve into the history of apartheid, examining both the international actions against the policies as well as how the system created economic imbalances within modern South Africa. Through our partnership with the Calabash Trust, we partner with school and community groups in Port Elizabeth to make lasting connections and ensure a mutually beneficial exchange.

Maya

South Africa Trip

Our day to day life in South Africa was pretty busy! We spent the mornings having discussions, cooking breakfast, and preparing for the day ahead. In the afternoon, we often went on trips to different areas in Port Elizabeth, taught at a local school in a township, or both! The evenings were my favorite part because we had deep discussions, ate together, and watched TV shows or movies. It was a great boding experience and if I had the opportunity to do it again, I would without a second thought.

I would make sure that no bullying happens on the trip, because when you're living with people for 3 weeks, that can cause a lot of unnecessary drama and hurt feelings on a trip where one can't leave.

About Envoys

Envoys offers a comprehensive set of online courses and international travel programs to build the skill sets associated with global competency.

Our summer programs for middle and high school students journey to South America, Asia, Africa, and...