Travel For Teens: South Korea

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Travel For Teens has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Embracing South Korean culture and performing meaningful service to help local children is what our time in this amazing country is all about. Build valuable connections with local people as you experience everything this lesser-known gem has to offer. Service, culture, incredible sights, and adventure come together to create the perfect South Korean summer!

Now Hiring: Travelers with Youth/Education Experience!

Are you passionate about inspiring youth? Do you believe experiential education is crucial to growth and development? TFT staff have the unique opportunity to work with teens in incredible countries all around the globe. Our staff have in-depth knowledge of the destinations we visit and are proven role models and leaders. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Check out our site for more details and to submit your application today!

Popular Programs

South Korea Discovery and Service

Discover South Korean culture at its finest on this once-in-a-lifetime trip to South Korea! Explore bustling neighborhoods, take in breathtaking scenery, and volunteer at a local orphanage as you experience the best of this fascinating country.

Yes, our programs are open to all students from around the world!

Uh oh, we couldn't find the answer either! Click here to contact the program directly: https://www.travelforteens.com/contact/

No, this program is not free. However, my experience was worth at least three times the cost of tuition! There are scholarships you can apply for and it is cheaper than other programs that give you less of an adventure. I hope I've answered your question!

Alexander

TFT Experience

I've been traveling with TFT since I was 13, and it has been one of the best learning and growth experiences in my life. Through TFT, I've met great friends from all around the world, experienced amazing places, and was pushed out of my comfort zone and grew so much. It even helped me pick my career. In the summer of my 11th year of high school, I went on the Japan Discovery & Service trip. I had recently picked up an interest in digital photography and it just so happened that the trip director for my trip was a professional travel photographer. After traveling with him for only 2 weeks and seeing my photographic growth, I started taking courses in photography at my school and have ended up going to college for Fine Art Photography. Without the experiences TFT allowed me to have, I never would have found one of my biggest passions. The people I've met on the trips are good friends of mine to this day, and the experiences I had with them on the trips I've been on were unforgettable. Karaoke in South Korea with a crew of wacky friends, doing a two hour hike up one of the steepest mountains I've ever seen to take one picture, and other once in a life time experiences like that have made the TFT experience so special to me.
The South Korea trip is the most recent trip I've been on, and it was a great experience. It was a great time exploring South Korea with a brand new group of friends.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Climbing up a vrry steep mountain for 2 hours in Busan for 1 picture was a pretty suprising experience
Jaelyn

Sarang Hanguk!

This trip was truly amazing in so many ways. This was my first trip outside the US; not only is Korea amazing in itself, but the staff are very fun, helpful, and knowledgeable. Some people warn not to jump into travel in more exotic places like Asia, but South Korea is very safe and welcoming. When I went, the group only had 11 travelers, so we all got to know each other really well. It felt like one big family, adventuring across the beaches, snacking on new flavors (be it spicy, fruity, stinky, or sweet--my favorites), shopping along the streets, and drinking in the Korean culture. Warning: it's hot and humid in the summer, but it's really worth it. It was a completely unique and diverse experience that has everything from historic temples to modern cities to rocky sea views to relaxing spas. I had so much fun and really felt immersed! Thanks Kylie and Simon!

Linda

South Korea Discovery: amazing!

This trip made the summer one of the best of my life! I had been dreaming of going to South Korea for a while, and this trip was better than I imagined. It was well planned and executed, and every day brought new surprises and experiences. I especially liked working with the amazing orphanage and trying so manny new foods. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Simon and Kylie for giving me an unforgettable summer!