EdOdyssey Custom Student Trips Around the World

group of students next to Peru flag
group of students next to Peru flag
Students in Downtown Lima, Peru
Students in Downtown Lima, Peru
Students on the first night of their exchange in the USA during the welcome dinner
group standing in traditional Chinese outifts together
group standing in traditional Chinese outifts together
group of students posing on the a cliff overlooking the ocean in Peru
group of students posing on the a cliff overlooking the ocean in Peru

EdOdyssey creates amazing custom trips in Peru, Canada, China, Spain, Italy, United States and beyond for secondary schools and faculty-led programs for university students.

We're international educators, not tour guide, that work in select countries we know better than anyone else so we can design a trip to meet your schools' learning objectives. Please contact us to start planning today and allow us to create a free, proposal for your school. Usually, we have a perfect itinerary after just one round of feedback from you.

Past secondary programs have included immersion trips, school exchanges, language learning, global seminars, service/volunteer programs and more.

• EDUCATION: we are educators, not tour guides. we've even all spent time in the classroom.
  • AUTHENTICITY: we tailor trips, not prepackage them. we are experts in the countries we work in.
  • VALUE: we value education at all costs and offer financial aid, scholarships and fundraising assistance.

Typically our custom trips for secondary schools last 1-3 weeks with an average of 10 days.

Grace

My Biggest Take Away

This trip was one that I will never forget, and one that I would never change. This trip changed the way I view the world. It also allowed me to connect further with who I truly am as a person. Throughout this trip I gained a deeper understanding of how other people around the world live everyday. The amazing people in Peru who accepted us from the moment we arrived to our departure showed me what it meant to embrace your culture and where you come from. These people take so mush pride in who they are and where they come from and that taught me to embrace who I am. Through this experience we met and interacted with so many people that have encouraged me to be more confident in my own skin. This experience has changed me for the better. Many people can hear about places where poverty impacts the communities everyday, but actually being there in person demonstrates a much larger picture of how each community overcomes the obstacles thrown in their way. All of these people live their life as if no other place on Earth is better, they take pride in who they are and so should we. The people of Peru take nothing for granted and neither should we. I would like to thank all the people involved in putting together this wonderful trip, I will never forget all the memories we shared and will always carry around the lessons learned about life with me forever!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Throughout this trip I was able to try a variety of new foods and the most unfamiliar food I tried was guinea pig. Even though I did not want to try it at first and thought it was a joke when I was first told about it, I figured I did not want to miss the opportunity this trip presented to try this delicacy.
Ana Maria

Open your eyes to Peru in 8 days

I would highly recommend this program. As a cultural immersion program it allows the Students to explore Peru in so many ways: geographically, linguistically, gastronomic, culturally, historical. And in all of these we learned about the warmth and hospitality that characterizes Peruvians. Every place we visited we were received with open arms and a big smile.
As a language teacher it was incredible to see my students interacting with people we met along our trip in Spanish. They were also able to learn new words as the language input was consta. It was great to hear them say how their confidence grew.
I was impressed by the communication with us in Peru and parents back in Boston. Everyone was always informed of what the plan was and how it went

I can’t think of anything as every detail was so well take care off.
Stephani

Matignon Peru Immersion

During our spring break my high school went on a solidarity and service trip with EdOdyssey and it by far was a life changing experience. Although we stayed in one of the wealthiest parts of Lima we traveled to some of the poorest areas and it was incredible to see how much things can change within a couple of minutes of travel. The people of Peru are extremely kind and helpful. We were welcomed with so much love wherever we went. The EdOdyssey staff that was with us as well was so great and patient with us. Patty and Joe were absolutely amazing. Patty is the sweetest person and she had so much patience with us. Even though we were only there for eight days our days were filled with activities. Overall it was one of the best travel experiences I have ever had.

My advice is don't be scared to try new things and also be mindful of the circumstances of the country.
Cole

An Amazing Experience

Traveling to Rome with EdOdyssey was truely amazing. The housing that was provided was great, it was super clean and safe. In addition the itinerary was very well put together, we saw all of the attractions in a timely manner and also got to spend time at them. Also, the EdOddesy team does a great job taking peoples needs into consideration. Our guide was great about making sure that everyone felt comfortable and happy. In addition, our guide made sure that at every place we ate at everyone could eat something. The best part of the trip was going to the school because we met so many new people and got to experience another culture with kids that were our ages. I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone and I would personally go back again.

Visiting Hospital Edgardo Rebagliati Martins, Lima Peru
Gregory

Peru - The Trip Of A Lifetime

You can equate EdOdyssey with top quality student trips and outstanding service. As a Spanish teacher and class moderator at St. Joseph High School in Trumbull, Connecticut, I have taken students on overseas trips in the past. In 2016, I was fortunate enough to be invited on a trip to Peru as a replacement chaperone. This was my first meeting with Peter McGovern and EdOdyssey and it turned into the experience of a lifetime. In addition to the traditional tourist spots, Peter and his Peruvian representative, Luciana Farah, involved us in numerous mission activities which included helping a village build stairs, performing magic tricks for children in a Lima hospital cancer ward and spending a day with students in an incredibly poor town. And through it all, everything ran so smoothly; the accommodations, the transportation and the meals, (We even attended a cooking class and learned how to make several Peruvian dishes!). I found Peter and Luciana to be consummate professionals who put their clients first. I would not hesitate to travel with them again and I would certainly recommend EdOdyssey with no reservations to any group interested in overseas travel.

Meredith

High School Trip to Peru

EdOdyssey did an exceptional job with our high school trip to Peru! As a teacher, it was a rewarding experience to see the students' responses to all of the trips and activities that were planned for us. The balance between educational experiences, community service based days, and opportunities to explore Peruvian culture and history was perfect. A highlight of the trip was dune buggying and sand surfing in the desert, which was followed by a barbeque by a bonfire in the desert. Based on the experiences we had on our trip to Peru, I would absolutely sign up to chaperone another trip with EdOdyssey!

Meaghan

Unforgettable Trip to Peru

As the faculty chaperone on a trip to Peru, I wasn't sure what to expect from the process. Peter was so helpful during our pre-departure meetings and our guide Patty was absolutely wonderful once we landed in Lima, along with Luciana. EdOdyssey worked with our school to build a custom itinerary that would highlight the themes important to our school. We learned about the history and culture of different areas of Peru, visited some schools to interact with the students, became part of local communities and shared their experiences, and had some thrilling adventures in the deserts. All of my students had so many favorite parts of the trip and couldn't wait to share their experiences with people back home.

Caitlin

An Unforgettable Experience

My trip to Peru was something I will never forget. From the moment I stepped off the plane in the Lima airport, my mind was blown by the beauty of a place I had only seen in photos. Our host Patty was one of the kindest individuals and the program truly got us involved in Peruvian culture by either having us visit local (usually non-touristy) places or trying traditional foods. Besides wanting to visit Machu Picchu, Peru was not on my radar of places I wanted to visit but, because of EdOdyssey, it is a place that I want to go back to with friends and family to share the wonderful memories that I made and make new ones! This trip pushed me out of my comfort zone and I left the country a different person than when I came in. I hope I have another opportunity like this and I thank EdOdyssey for jumpstarting my global travel experience!

Matthew

An Immersion to the Iberian

By my sophomore year of high school, I had been studying Spanish for my eleventh consecutive year. When the opportunity presented itself to study abroad through a two week immersion in Córdoba, Spain with Mr. Peter McGovern (my Chinese teacher at-the-time, actually!), I wasn't expecting my Spanish to advance as rapidly as it did in such a short time frame. During that year I was in Spanish III and attaining an average grade, but following this trip, I was able to not only receive an A+ in level three, but then skip over Spanish IV and enroll in A.P. Spanish Language & Culture my junior year. This is no coincidence - Mr. McGovern understood the power of immersing oneself in another culture using another language. From our arrival in Málaga, he had us sign language pacts to try and only speak Spanish for the whole two weeks, and my Spanish has never been the same since. This trip was incredible: from Granada to Sevilla to Córdoba, the views were spectacular, the bond of friendship bred between our small, intimate group of five students was strengthened, and the itinerary developed through Peter's expertise and experience really displayed a thorough and thoughtful embrace of Spanish culture.

The trip was amazing, and the lasting post-program effects just keep on giving. As a result of my enhanced view of the country, now as a college student, I am pursuing an International Studies major with a regional focus on Latin America. To this day, I still remain in contact with my host family from Córdoba over WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram, and even FaceTimed their four children my freshman year of college for a final project for my Spanish 301 course. They are, truly, my Spanish family!

In summary, two weeks in this program had the same effect on my Spanish as four years in the classroom, but these two weeks also have had a overall recurring effect on my life for almost four years, now. For future participants - don't hesitate. Just do it! With EdOdyssey and Peter McGovern, you are in good hands. Plus, your Spanish will never be better!

There really isn't anything I could recommend - I would've loved to stay another few weeks (or months!).
Kailey

Best Experience of My Life!

I love to travel but the opportunity to do so at my age isn't always there. I typically have to wait until my parents can take time off so we can go together. However, a last minute opportunity to go to China with other students from Plymouth came up and I couldn't say no! I worked very hard over the months leading up to the trip so that I could pay for the trip myself. It certainly helped that the trip was affordable! Going to China with a few friends and a few new faces made the experience even better. We traveled through Shanghai and Beijing as well as Kunming and Wenshan. We got to experience how different their cultures are, meet some incredible students and tour their fabulous school. I am so excited to get an opportunity to travel again with EdOdyssey! They truly made this trip memorable and jam packed!

Clara

Eye-opening trip to China!

This year, I flew to China with my Mandarin class (I take 3rd year Mandarin at my school). I was really nervous the night before - I had never really been away from home before, and the trip was two weeks in a foreign country halfway across the world - but my parents assured me that I would be upset with myself if I didn't go. I am so glad that I decided to go (and not just because it would be a huge waste of money if I didn't), because it was the best trip I have ever taken! My class first flew to Shanghai, where we visited Shanghai High School. EdOdyssey organized the second part of my trip, where I traveled to Huzhou and Beijing. The trip was really well organized, with tons of fun activities, amazing restaurants and food options, and really nice accommodations. One thing I really loved about the trip was all of the variety. For example, we did a range of touristy attractions (like the Forbidden City and the Great Wall), but we also did many activities that allowed us to immerse ourselves in the culture of the locals. One of my personal favorite activities was visiting a local high school in Huzhou. At this high school, a lot of the students had never met someone who was not from China, and you can imagine their excitement when they saw a group of American teenagers. They wanted to add us on WeChat, take pictures with us, play games with us, and ask us a thousand questions about us and our lives. I felt like a celebrity! It was really fun, and gave me some perspective about what life is like outside of America. This is just one example of one day I loved from the trip. Another thing that made the trip great was Peter McGovern - our EdOdyssey representative. He was super knowledgeable about all of the places we visited, and told us tons of facts that I would never have even thought about otherwise. I learned about bamboo (did you know that bamboo can grow almost 3 feet in 24 hours?), local culture (I never knew how important it was to know about the traditions of tea if you want to do business in China) , landmarks (the Great Wall of China is more than 20,000 km long!) and so much more. Because of this, I was able to leave China with a new knowledge about life and culture in different parts of the world. I really feel like this trip enriched my knowledge and views on the world, and opened my eyes to many new perspectives and possibilities. Of course, none of this would have been possible without EdOdyssey.

My trip was really amazing! The only thing that could have made it better is if it were longer!
Ikwo

Student Trip in China (Shanghai & Guilin)

When I went on this trip I was scared. I was half way across the world for the first time and I was surrounded by people who didn't look like me. Instead they marveled at me. I was really scared and nervous, especially on the first day, but then I met my buddy at Shanghai high school. I admit at first I wasn't very social and I was quiet but soon we got to know each other and became very close. We formed a bond that was incredibly strong through food, modern teenage Chinese culture, shopping, and our interests. After four days I went to Guilin. The people there were phenomenal. They made sure I had everything to eat for my vegan diet and surprisingly there were a lot of options. I was always full and constantly had fun activities to do. The mountainous view was gorgeous and unreal. We learned a lot about the religious culture as it was a more rural part of China compared to Shanghai but I definitely enjoyed both totally different experiences a lot. As someone who mostly travels in instate America I can say I was definitely nervous and had no idea how the trip's planning was going to work but EdOdyssey blew me away with how thorough they were. There were no hiccups and I can tell you, you can rest assured when planning a trip with them because they have your back.

I honestly think the program was with us every step of the way and did everything necessary. No improvements I can think of.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About EdOdyssey

EdOdyssey creates custom educational immersion, exchanges and other programs around the world. We offer a summer, semester, full year study abroad program in Lima, Peru for undergraduate students. We also custom designs the best student immersions in...