- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
View Other Details
FINANCIAL AID IS AVAILABLE: We offer between 10-50% financial aid based on need. Please submit our financial aid application if interested.
In the breath-taking setting of the Caribbean islands of Bequia and St. Vincent, Global Routes has been leading programs for over two decades. This program appeals to those wanting to discover, enhance and explore their leadership and teaching skills by running free 'friendship' camps for local children. Get a taste of the 'real' Caribbean life by spending two weeks in rural St. Vincent, snorkeling in the tropical waters, hiking a volcano, working side by side with Peace Corps volunteers on community service projects, master Caribbean cooking, and go sailing between the majestic islands on the classic schooner called 'The Friendship Rose.' Starting and finishing at our home, Windsor Mountain International Summer Camp, experience a community like no other and one that you will call your second home for years to come.
- OUR MODEL: Our hallmark model includes meaningful community service, cross-cultural exchange, and living and volunteering in rural homestay communities.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE: Students receive a certificate for 50 to 80 community service hours.
- LEARNING GOALS: Camp counseling, cooking, leadership, construction
- GROUP SIZE: 12-18 students, 2-3 U.S. leaders, 2 local partners
- DATES: TBD (July-August)