YFU High School Study Abroad Program in Thailand

Start learning the Thai language as you take classes at a local school in Thailand for a school year or semester. As an exchange student, you will have many elective subjects to choose from such as English, history, Thai music, Thai dancing, Thai cooking, arts & crafts, artificial flower making, sword fighting, Muay Thai (Thai boxing), religion, meditation, and many others depending on the school. Your Thai host family will help you adjust to life in your host country and introduce you to Thai culture. Whether learning about Buddhism or exploring the rivers and forests of Thailand, you'll have plenty to occupy yourself outside the classroom.

A six week summer program is available for students looking at a shorter term exchange. Live with a host family and visit a Thai school to get a real cultural experience. Your final five days will be spent exploring the Northern region - traveling to Chiang Mai, "the Rose of the North", and attending an elephant camp.

• Volunteer abroad and serve while teaching English, working in hospitals, and completing other areas of community service
  • Explore a new location in Thailand for a week with the optional week-long excursion to a new host family

Sarida

exchange year

YFU program is super supportive program in my opinion. They took care of me very great and I was super fun that once I could have such a great opportunity to become a YFU exchange student in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin 🇺🇸. This program provides the home that located in the safety state which is very nice to me and of course my parents that we would not be worried about that at all year long. In every two or three months the program will have a student conference in Milwaukee so I can hang out with other people from all around the world (I mean we could get to know so many international people from around the world)