Abbey Road High School Western Civilization History Program (Athens, Rome, Florence and Paris)

Western Civilization is a unique educational journey in time that gives our students an opportunity to learn first-hand about the origins of Western Civilization, political thought, history, culture and art, starting with the Ancient Greeks (Athens), to Ancient Rome (Rome), to the Renaissance Era (Florence and Siena) and the French Enlightenment (Paris and Versailles).

The program curriculum is based on our Experiential Learning Method, using the host community, its historical sites and cultural environment as our classroom. We read Aristotle and Plato at the Athenian Parthenon, follow in the footsteps of Julius Cesar and Marcus Aurelius at the Roman Forum, marvel at Botticelli's Birth of Venus at the Uffizi in Florence, and discuss the French Revolution at the Place de la Concorde in Paris.

Our students will stay in centrally located 3 star hotels, sample authentic local cuisine, participate in discussions with their instructors and peers, and have a wonderful time traveling and making new friends. We try very hard to give our students a sophisticated, personal and authentic experience. We have an excellent staff to student ratio (1 to 7), a unique educational method, emphasizing experiential, hands-on learning; and a great balance between safety, supervision and freedom of choice for our students.

Europe » Italy » Rome
Age Max
Application Fee
Deposit
WHAT'S INCLUDED:
All academics (majors, electives and workshops)
All meals and housing (three meals a day)
All activities, excursions and day trips
International phone and Wi-Fi plan

Shakira
Houston, Texas
Newman University

Best Summer experience!!

This was truly a great experience that I would recommend to anyone who is interested in learning, experiencing different cultures, and having fun (yes, it is possible!) in three different countries! I learned much more about the different cultures, languages, history, art, food and architecture then I thought possible!! One thing I would recommend before going on this trip is getting fit if you're not already because we did a lot of walking, which is of course, the best way to see the city and it was totally worth it, but just make sure you can walk a good amount everyday. They were extremely accommodating as well, as I have many food allergies. If you're really serious learning about the cultures and histories of these countries I would definitely recommend this program! I had a blast and still keep in touch with the friends I made from the trip! Definitely the best summer experience ever!!

Sending the reading material maybe a week or two in advance so that we have more time to really read and understand the readings.

Sophie
Los Angeles, CA

Amazing Program!!!

My child had an absolutely amazing time. She loved every minute of it. She made wonderful enduring friendships. Abbey Road did an amazing job to say the least! We are and forever be eternally grateful for the incredible opportunity you helped make possible for Natalie this summer! When I think about the opportunities she had on this trip, my heart bursts with gratitude!

Abbey Road Programs provides several summer programs for high school students. From study abroad, to language and cultural immersion, to student travel around Europe, Abbey Road is proud to offer it! With program locations currently in Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, USA, Canada and the