Projects Abroad - Internships in Argentina

Projects Abroad - Internships in Argentina

Established in 1992, Projects Abroad offers a wide variety of excellent internships in Argentina. Opportunities include Medicine & Healthcare, Law & Human Rights, Business, Journalism, and Veterinary Medicine & Animal Care. On our internship program in Argentina, you will work directly with the staff at a local hospital, business, or NGO, arranged by full-time Projects Abroad staff.

• When do you want to arrive in Argentina? Start your internship any day you want and choose how long you want to stay. Our flexible options mean you will receive an internship project in Argentina tailored to your unique goals.
  • Your home in Argentina will be a home away from home. Living with a local host family allows you to settle in and immerse yourself in the local culture for a more complete experience. Perfect for learning Spanish and picking up a local Argentinian style a
  • You'll make friends from Argentina, and from all corners of the world. Live and work in the same community as other Projects Abroad volunteers from over 40 countries. We will make sure you get to know each other.
  • All in one price. Prices for our internships in Argentina include all of your major in-country expenses and pre-departure guidance. You just have to worry about purchasing your flight to Argentina. We will book that for you too if you want.
South America » Argentina » Cordoba
South America » Argentina
Industry
Spanish
Weekly Hours

Dear Prestos. Our prices vary depending on the program, destination, and number of weeks you decide to stay. Your fee will cover your food, accommodation, placement, airport pick-up and drop-off, full coverage medical and travel insurance, and 24 hour support from our local staff. Unfortunately, flights are not included in the cost. However, we do have a Travel Team that can help you arrange fligh...

Emily
Alabama, United States

Law & Human Rights, Córdoba, Argentina

I spent a month in Córdoba, Argentina volunteering in Project Abroad's Law and Human Rights program, and it was such an enriching experience! I had always wanted to travel abroad while at university, but my class and extra-curricular schedule did not make it possible. Spending a summer with Projects Abroad (PA) was a great alternative. The Law and Human Rights program gives you great exposure to human rights at the grass roots level, and living and working in Argentina really helped me to improve my Spanish. As a Political Science and Spanish major, this project was the perfect combination for me. I learned so much about the political struggles in Argentina and also feel like such a stronger Spanish speaker now!

My host family was so kind and caring. My home was comfortable and safe, and my host family was experienced with hosting volunteers. The program directors at Projects Abroad (PA) went above and beyond to make sure I was safe and knowledgable about how to get around and what was expected of me. Work was fun but still educational, and I felt that my time there did help the vulnerable populations we got to work with. The Human Rights project taught me a lot about the human rights challenge, but it also taught me a lot about compassion and humility. Weekly volunteer social events help you to make friends with other volunteers, learn about the city, and experience Argentinian culture in a non-touristy way. By the end of my month in Argentina, I could get around the city on my own with no problem. PA is also great in that its volunteers come from all over the world. I got to make friends with people from England, Italy, Canada... It enhances the cultural experience even more!

I gained a lot from my time with PA and found my trip was so worth it. I also felt safe and taken care of. I would highly recommend this program, especially to college students looking to go abroad!

The Human Rights project is do-able for anyone, even if you don't know much Spanish, but you get so much more out of the project if you can speak Spanish. Projects Abroad advertises the project as being for any Spanish level, which is 100% true, but I think volunteers that can speak enough Spanish to communicate with the vulnerable populations we work with will gain more from this experience.

Robert
Córdoba, Argentina
University of Notre Dame

Medical Internship - Projects Abroad Argentina

My experience in Córdoba, Argentina as a medical intern facilitated my development as both a student-scholar and overall human being. Being independent in an unfamiliar city, speaking a different language throughout each day, and immersing myself in a uniquely beautiful culture pushed me out of my comfort zone in the best ways possible. My summer internship allowed me to obtain a better understanding of South America, different healthcare systems, and who I want to be in the future, and it changed the way I look at my life and the lives of others.
I specifically chose to work with Projects Abroad because of their holistic approach in aiding developing countries with projects in various fields of work. Throughout my internship with Projects Abroad, all of the coordinators and volunteers were kind, welcoming, and supportive. Everyone working at the Córdoba location is passionate about the community, making a difference, and embracing the incredible opportunities that Argentina has to offer. For a majority of my work, I shadowed physicians and residents at the Hospital Universitario de Maternidad y Neonatología, a public hospital in the center of the city that serves expecting mothers and infants. A typical day in the hospital consisted of shadowing live births, cesarean sections, hysterectomies, mastectomies, and other surgical procedures. As an additional part of my Projects Abroad medical internship, I participated in outreach work in economically disadvantaged areas of the city, and I was also able to take part in some of the human rights activities that supported the homeless community in the city. There were also monthly community service projects in which Projects Abroad partners with another local organization to help the city of Córdoba and its people in some way.
My accommodations and the relationships I formed while in Argentina were absolutely unforgettable. As soon as I arrived, I was warmly welcomed by my host mom, Maria Elena, and some of my housemates. I lived in a quaint, three-story complex in the center of the city that offered everything I could possibly need. Because each volunteer had a different start and end date, I had various housemates from all over the world throughout my internship. For most of my meals, I ate at home with my host mom and housemates, eating delicious, freshly-cooked Argentine cuisine and discussing each of our unique experiences from that day. As I usually did not work on weekends, I fortunately had time to travel around Córdoba and to other provinces of Argentina to obtain a more holistic view of the country. Having the opportunity to see different parts of Argentina was integral to my understanding of the country, and these experiences taught me that each province has its own distinct accent, life, and culture that are well-worth appreciating and embracing. Reflecting on my trip as a whole, I am so grateful for my summer internship and have become a much more independent, open-minded, and self-aware human being, and I feel so fortunate to have had this opportunity.

My only suggestion would be to place volunteers slightly closer together, but everything else was amazing!

cactusjp
Chicago, IL
Moody Bible Institute

An amazing experience in Argentina!

I went to Cordoba, Argentina this past summer on a “two-week special” trip with Projects Abroad. More specifically it was a Care and Spanish trip, which means we volunteered with youth there in the afternoons while taking classes in the mornings. It was an absolutely amazing opportunity. I got to meet so many new people (people from all over the world came together to volunteer there), do so many new and fun things, experience a new culture, and volunteer my time for those less fortunate than myself. It was truly eye opening, as international travel always is.
Projects Abroad did a great job balancing education, experience, social events, and immersion. They orchestrated great “socials” which were nights where all of the volunteers met up to enjoy time together doing something specific to Argentina or the city itself. For our trip we got to have an asado, which is a sort of Argentine barbeque, and we took tango-dancing classes. The classes were also really helpful. There were teachers for all different levels of Spanish (for full immersion or just beginning) and they really care about developing the students’ ability to speak Spanish and speak it well.
I would definitely recommend this organization and country to anyone looking to do something of this sort. I did look into other companies before deciding on Projects Abroad, and though I can’t vouch for those companies, I can assure you Projects Abroad is professional, enjoyable, educational, and an all-around great experience. I don’t even have any complaints about the trip or organization! The only reason I gave the 8 stars for support was because it was a tad difficult getting in contact with the Projects Abroad office in Argentina (not because of them, but simply because of time-zone differences).
If you’re interested in seeing a little bit about the trip in video form, I’ve posted a video I put together to highlight some great parts of this country and trip. Check it out if you’d like!

If I had to change one thing about this program it would probably be the pre-trip preparation. I know in part the reason why I didn't feel very prepped would be my own lack of preparation, but I felt like they could have sent us more detailed maps/schedules/things to bring for our volunteer work/and other things like that. They did great once we got there, but I sort of felt like I was coming in a little less prepared than I like to be.

Projects Abroad is a global organization formed around the need for gap year programs abroad designed for students taking a break from studying. Since its inception, Projects Abroad has expanded to offer high school volunteer programs, and a vast variety of programs geared towards those