Global Experiences Internships in Sydney, Australia

Harbour Bridge
Blue Mountains
Uni of Sydney
Sunset over the Harbor bridge

Sydney is a city with everything you could want in an international internship. The city is nestled up against the beautiful Australian coastline and offers a wide range of internships. An international internship in nearly every career field can be found in Sydney. With its scenic coast and wide range of options Sydney is the perfect place for you to intern abroad.

As an intern, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in your chosen career field all while living in one of the most beautiful cities on earth. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals. We’ll support you ever step of the way to make sure your Sydney internship is an experience you’ll never forget.

Student and young professionals from Canada or the U.S, this is the internship program for you! Please note, there is a tuition fee. All internships are unpaid as it is difficult to be paid in a foreign country.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Sydney with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Sydney year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

Julian

Music Business Internship in Sydney

I had an absolutely blast in Sydney, Australia! Through this program, I was surrounded by open minded people from different backgrounds who were eager to explore and try new things. I was absolutely impressed that our internship coordinator, Andrea, was able to help me get a great internship in the music industry (which is very difficult). I worked a variety of tasks in music management, marketing, and PR, with supervisors who have worked and are still working with artists on a regional and global scale. Some notable artists I have worked with are Pixies, Lauv, and Northeast Party House. I learned a great deal about myself from the people I worked with and the friends I made on this trip. This trip is a great way to get you out of your comfort zone and get a bit of a taste of adult life.

For people interning abroad, I would recommend being mindful about the money you spend. It is easy to get caught up in spending more money than you need to when you are traveling.
Elle

Sydney global experiences

I absolutely loved my time interning in Sydney with global experiences! Also Andrea the on site staff was very helpful & went above and beyond what she was required to do. I would recommend this program to anyone. I did a internship with a corporate event planning company & it has shifted what I want to do in the future. Everyone on the group was nice and always open to try new things and go new places in Australia. We went to the great barrier, port Stephens, blue mountains, royal national park, Olympic stadium, northern beaches, the outback, south Australia, tassie, Perth (pink lakes) and many many more!! Such a great time, a lot of people on the program chose to stay in Aussie after there program ended as well! If you are hesitating just go

Do weekend trips as much as possible! So much to see outside Sydney!
Sabrina

Amazing Experience

Sydney is such a beautiful city, amazing views, great culture, and very diverse. I worked in the central business district which was the best area I could have been placed for my internship field. My program coordinator was always so helpful and truly cared about me having a great experience through her support, recommendations, and advise. Weekend trips were a constant for my roommates and I which was amazing because you can go so many places through where I was living in Sydney that was placed by the program. I also could not have asked for better program mates who have turned into my family and my actual roommate who was placed perfectly through the roommate survey. 10/10 for the program overall, it was everything I expected and more for the effort everyone has put in.

Maintainance was difficult to reach regarding issues we had but to be fair we didn’t do much follow up because we were always so busy.
Taylor

I love Sydney

This was truly a once in a lifetime experience. I went all over Australia including Sydney, Melbourne, the Great Barrier Reef, and the Gold Coast. Everywhere I went just continued to blow me away. I truly loved diving in to the Aussie culture and I’m sure all my friends and family back home will look at me funny when I start saying “mate”, “cheers”, and “brekkie” all the time. My internship was for a nonprofit yoga foundation that offers free yoga to people effected by mental illness, domestic abuse, homelessness, etc.. I had two of the nicest bosses in the world and learned so much. It even inspired me to want to teach yoga to people struggling with mental health during my gap year. From the city to the people here, there’s nothing not to love. I came here knowing no one and I’ve left with friends that will last a lifetime.

There are no medical internships in the Sydney program. I would definitely look into it becoming an option because my internship wasn’t suited for my future profession.
Jennykate

Interning in Sydney

jennykate Pritzker <jennykate.pritz@gmail.com>
Nov 13, 2019, 2:03 PM (6 days ago)
to me

I had an amazing time living and working in Sydney. It's a vibrant city with so many options for how you want to spend your time. The people are kind and the weather is great. Working with global experiences was super easy and I loved all the people who I worked with. The location coordinator, Andrea, is my favorite person ever and she makes the adjustment easy and the rest of the trip fun. I got meet and live with some amazing people. This experience was incomparable to anything else because it gave me the ability to grow and become apart of my professional field, while also giving me the opportunity to grow as a person and learn more about myself as I experienced independence. This is truly a one-of-a-kind experience and i'm so grateful for it.

Do everything you can. Spend all your free time exploring as there is so much cool stuff to do here. You just have to go out and find it
Margaret

The Best Experience

I didn't know what to expect when I packed my bags for a year in Sydney. I am so grateful for the incredible people I met as soon as I arrived. The entire program was fantastic, all thanks to the support from our program director, Andrea.

I spent my weekends exploring both within and outside of the city. Whether it was lying on the beach, hiking, trying new dishes, or learning about Australian history, I was able to have weekends full of great people and memories.

My internship placement was perfect and I got to gain a lot of experience in a field in which I had none. Though it was fast paced, I was able to balance travel and work.

Finally, I would just like to encourage anyone who is thinking of applying to the Global Experiences program to go for it. You won't regret it!

The only improvement I can think of would be to modify one or two of the program events. I would suggest moving the Bondi to Coogee walk to the beginning of the trip to give students a taste of coastal walks. The night noodle markets were also not necessary as a planned event. Otherwise a great program!
Maddy

Amazing Experience

This program definitely did not disappoint. I absolutely fell in love with Sydney and I am so glad it is where I got to spend my internship. it is truly a beautiful city with so much to see and do. I love the fast-pace vibe of Sydney because there are is always something going on and there us never a dull moment. I will also never forget the people I met on this trip and the amazing experiences we had together. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better group of people to spend the last three months with learning and growing with in a new country. Not only did I experience a lot of personal growth during this program but also a lot of professional growth working as a marine biology intern at Macquarie University. I'm looking forward to applying the knowledge and skills I have gained from this internship to my future career opportunities.

I recommend going out and seeing somewhere new whenever you have the chance. 12 weeks goes by really quickly and you'll definitely want to finish the program knowing you did and saw as much as you could. It will definitely be worth it.
Julian

An amazing experience

I was very impressed that Global Experiences was able to find me a quality internship, especially in the competitive music industry world. I had a great time working in PR and Management for five different small companies in the same office. I have worked for great artists such as Lauv, the Pixies, and Northeast Party House and have met great people in the industry with global connections. The friends I made hear left a big impact on me when it came to trying new things and pushing each other to live life to its fullest. The people I met through this program are all very unique from different backgrounds and have given me confidence and support in my personal development. And our site supervisor Andrea, of course, has been an amazing and welcoming help on this trip. 10/10 adventure.

Spend every second of your free time with your friends here and explore life here in Australia. Also, be mindful of how much money you are spending throughout your trip because it is easy to get carried away at the moment and spend more than you need to.
Steven

Review

My time in Sydney, Australia was truly an unbelievable experience. I had a phenomenal internship in the finance industry where I was able to utilize my knowledge from university and create an investment thesis of my own. I also made some incredible friendships that made this trip better than I ever could've imagined. I was able to be constantly on the move going from adventure to adventure. Whether it was a relaxing day at the beach, a sunset hike in one of the many tracks around Sydney, or even camping in the Blue Mountains I was constantly on the go and hardly ever spent a day entirely indoors. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone that is looking for a constant adventure all while furthering their career in their respective field.

My only recommendation would be to improve the day trips that are set by Global Experiences as some of them could easily be done on your own. Some of them, however, were incredible experiences such as the Hunter Valley Wine Tasting and the Taronga Zoo.
Kristina

Gap Year in Sydney

This program was amazing. My internship was great, and the people I've met through the program have all become my best friends. Even though I'm not currently enrolled in university, I was still able to land an amazing marketing internship at a fashion label in Sydney. GE also did a great job in organizing everything so there was never a time I felt unsure about the program. The accommodation was also so much better than expected, and it's so nice to live right next door to all of your friends. Our group did some weekend trips around the country, to places like the Blue Mountains and even the Great Barrier Reef. Sydney is an amazing city to live in for a few months and I would not trade the memories I've made here for anything. If you're on the fence about going abroad, just do it! I could not recommend anything more.

Do everything! Sydney is great because they have an amazing and busy city, but there is also so much nature to explore. Usually on the weekends we would go to the markets in the morning, go on a hike to watch the sunset and then go out at night. If that's not what you're into, all I can say is to just really make the most of your time here because it goes by so fast.
Nick

Absolutely Amazing Experience

Sydney is an ideal spot for anyone who enjoys good food, fun and a variety of different travel settings in one place. Definitely get a great "bang for your buck" as there are amazing hikes, beautiful beaches, the harbor, a bustling city, a number of parks, sporting venues, nightlife and so much more. Literally something for everyone. Sydney is such a diverse city and truly a melting pot of different cultures. I've gained so much from my internship itself, but even more from getting to travel with such a great group of people whom are now some of my best friends! Housing was great, support from our internship coordinator was great, planned weekend trips were great. An overall unforgettable experience that has helped me to grow personally and professionally!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Last minute camping trip to the Blue Mountains, where we had planned everything the day before. Was a bit nerve-racking as I am usually one to be prepared and organized far in advance. However, the trip ended up being my favorite weekend of the trip with unforgettable views and so much fun.
Read my full story
Kaitlyn

Finishing the year in Sydney

I had such a fantastic time in Australia, arriving at the end of August and staying until the end of November. Before coming I decided that I wanted to be more adventurous, and with help from the friends I made in the program, I was able to grow significantly as an individual. I climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge, took a trip to the Great Barrier Reef with my friends, bunjy jumped, even visited the Melbourne cup. I was able to do this and so much more on top of a dream internship planning events at the InterContinental hotel, where I helped tremendously and consistently had my opinions regarded and considered by my supervisors. An exceptionally wonderful first internship that taught me so much about the event industry. Exactly as GE promised!

Honestly would not change anything! Amazing program
addie

summer in Sydney

I had the opportunity to live in Sydney, Australia for the summer and do a supply chain transportation and logistics internship. It was an incredible job, and so beneficial to my future schooling and career. My boss really cared that I learned and understood everything from what I was doing or how the system functioned, and I got a part time job out of it that I can do from where I live in the US. Living across the world was very different, but so cool. Theres tons to do in Sydney, from museums or zoos to coastal walks or walking around the shopping centers. There's also citys that're only a 2 hour plane ride away that are definitely worth the trip and amazing to go experience and tour around. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get out of their comfort zone for a summer and enjoy a working vacation.

The cost of living was higher over there, so be prepared to have a budget ahead of time.
Megan

Summer in Sydney

Sydney is probably one of the best places to visit abroad. There was so much to do all the time and the people are friendly. There are a lot of different company/business options here in the Central Business District and everything is accessible by walking or using public transportation. My company was very nice and taught me a lot. I was given a lot of unique opportunities and have grown heaps sense my arrival.

Our on the ground supervisor was amazing and alerted us of fun events and local activities. There was never a dull moment and I have met so many great people and new friends.

There was so many different food options as well. Attempt to try everything. There are hidden restaurants and pubs everywhere and the city lights up at night.

Say yes. Meet as many people as you can and visit as many places as you possibly can. New adventures are growing opportunities and moments you will never forget.
David

WOWZA

This was a fantastic program. I had two different internships and learned heaps in both. For the most part, coworkers were accommodating and friendly. The friends I have made here have been amazing and I plan on keeping in touch with them for a long time to come.

Sydney is a beautiful city with so much to do and see. Even in the winter the weather was nice for the great majority of our stay.

Food was great too.

There was so much to see in do that you can’t be standing idly by on this trip. You are constantly wanting to do more and more. There is a lot of good culture in Sydney.

I am about to board my flight to leave right now and all I can say is wow. WOW

Don’t blink or you will miss it. Soak in every moment you have here. I have learned so much and had so much fun in the process. A win-win!!

WOW.

Go to Sydney. It’s a experience you won’t wanna miss.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
When I went surfing and got hit up on some rocks and went to the hospital.