Global Experiences Internships in Sydney, Australia

Opera House
Uni of Sydney
Sunset over the Harbor bridge
Blue Mountains

Sydney is a city with everything you could want in an international internship. The city is nestled up against the beautiful Australian coastline and offers a wide range of internships. An international internship in nearly every career field can be found in Sydney. With its scenic coast and wide range of options Sydney is the perfect place for you to intern abroad.

As an intern, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in your chosen career field all while living in one of the most beautiful cities on earth. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals. We’ll support you ever step of the way to make sure your Sydney internship is an experience you’ll never forget.

Student and young professionals from Canada or the U.S, this is the internship program for you! Please note, there is a tuition fee. All internships are unpaid as it is difficult to be paid in a foreign country.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Sydney with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Sydney year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

Kaitlyn

Finishing the year in Sydney

I had such a fantastic time in Australia, arriving at the end of August and staying until the end of November. Before coming I decided that I wanted to be more adventurous, and with help from the friends I made in the program, I was able to grow significantly as an individual. I climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge, took a trip to the Great Barrier Reef with my friends, bunjy jumped, even visited the Melbourne cup. I was able to do this and so much more on top of a dream internship planning events at the InterContinental hotel, where I helped tremendously and consistently had my opinions regarded and considered by my supervisors. An exceptionally wonderful first internship that taught me so much about the event industry. Exactly as GE promised!

Honestly would not change anything! Amazing program
addie

summer in Sydney

I had the opportunity to live in Sydney, Australia for the summer and do a supply chain transportation and logistics internship. It was an incredible job, and so beneficial to my future schooling and career. My boss really cared that I learned and understood everything from what I was doing or how the system functioned, and I got a part time job out of it that I can do from where I live in the US. Living across the world was very different, but so cool. Theres tons to do in Sydney, from museums or zoos to coastal walks or walking around the shopping centers. There's also citys that're only a 2 hour plane ride away that are definitely worth the trip and amazing to go experience and tour around. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get out of their comfort zone for a summer and enjoy a working vacation.

The cost of living was higher over there, so be prepared to have a budget ahead of time.
Megan

Summer in Sydney

Sydney is probably one of the best places to visit abroad. There was so much to do all the time and the people are friendly. There are a lot of different company/business options here in the Central Business District and everything is accessible by walking or using public transportation. My company was very nice and taught me a lot. I was given a lot of unique opportunities and have grown heaps sense my arrival.

Our on the ground supervisor was amazing and alerted us of fun events and local activities. There was never a dull moment and I have met so many great people and new friends.

There was so many different food options as well. Attempt to try everything. There are hidden restaurants and pubs everywhere and the city lights up at night.

Say yes. Meet as many people as you can and visit as many places as you possibly can. New adventures are growing opportunities and moments you will never forget.
David

WOWZA

This was a fantastic program. I had two different internships and learned heaps in both. For the most part, coworkers were accommodating and friendly. The friends I have made here have been amazing and I plan on keeping in touch with them for a long time to come.

Sydney is a beautiful city with so much to do and see. Even in the winter the weather was nice for the great majority of our stay.

Food was great too.

There was so much to see in do that you can’t be standing idly by on this trip. You are constantly wanting to do more and more. There is a lot of good culture in Sydney.

I am about to board my flight to leave right now and all I can say is wow. WOW

Don’t blink or you will miss it. Soak in every moment you have here. I have learned so much and had so much fun in the process. A win-win!!

WOW.

Go to Sydney. It’s a experience you won’t wanna miss.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
When I went surfing and got hit up on some rocks and went to the hospital.
Shaina

Sydney

This was such an amazing experience! I loved every second of being in Sydney. Since we were a smallish group I became such good friends with everyone in our group. My group mates and I would travel on weekends to different places such as the Great Barrier Reef and Gold Coast. We even went sky diving! We made it to New Zealand which was beautiful and I would recommend going there. Make the most of your time there because before you know it it will be over. My coworkers were super nice and friendly. We would go out after work and hit up a pub for a couple drinks on Fridays. It was a small company so it was nice that I got to work with different people and see what they do. I learned a lot and made good connections. I would definitely recommend this program.

Make the most of your time there. It goes by super fast
Caitlin

Amazing Experience!

Sydney is an amazing place to go abroad and to do an internship! There is so much to see in Sydney and in Australia that you will never be bored! I am happy that I chose Sydney and I really feel like I was able to get so much out of my internship and see so much that Australia has to offer. I'm so happy that I was able to have this experience and I really feel like I gained so much from my time here. The program director here is amazing and is ready to help you whenever you need it. The activities that were planned for us were great and I recommend going to as many as you can as it is a great way to get to know the people you are interning with and get to see new parts of the city and do activities you might have otherwise not done. If you are debating if you should do this program, don't hesitate because it is 110% worth it!

Always say yes to trying new things and getting out of your comfort zone! This is a once in a lifetime experience so make the most of everyday!
Mason

Review

Very amazing program. If there was an issue it got solved very quickly and there was lots of exciting things always happening. I had never gone over seas before so going to Sydney was a very good choice for me. The accommodation was good, there were a few issues at the beginning but it got solved very fast. The food in Sydney is incredible!!! That is something I will really miss when going back to America. Global experiences always made sure we had an abundance of activities and our Program coordinator always responded as soon as possible if we needed something, as well as our coordination back in America. Everything about Australia is wonderful, and all the views are incredible. It is defiantly a place I will come back to when I’m older. So thankful for this experience.

Look into the city you are staying at and look at their weather while packing!
Victoria

Amazing experience

Global Experiences was enjoyable to work with. They made the whole process super easy and smooth, making it easier to adjust to a new country. In the beginning, I was nervous to go through with the program since it was such an adjustment, but GE works with you every step of the way to make sure you are prepared and feel comfortable. The coordinator in Australia was amazing and made sure we were having a pleasant experience and we were getting the most out of our internship experience. The internship placement was everything I asked for. I learned so much from my internship and living abroad, I cannot wait to take what I learned and apply it to my full time job. I made so many amazing memories and friends in Australia and I could not have asked for a better experience.

Taylor

Amazing experience!

Sydney, Australia is an incredible place. I had such a great time that I am staying for my whole visa! I met amazing people and have created some amazing friendships. I loved my internship and loved everything about the program. Everyone in this country are so nice and helpful. Transportation is super easy and you learn to love to walk everywhere because when you walk you always find new places and see new things! The food is AMAZING. Lots of healthy options and lots of açaí bowls! The beaches are wonderful and the weather is great! I wouldn’t change this experience for the world! It’s definitely changed my life and super happy that I get to live the Aussie life a bit longer! If you’re on the fence about it, just say yes!!! It opens you up to so many things!

Always say yes to new friendships and new experiences!!
Kurt

Great experience

While preparing to get ready for this study abroad everyone through Global Experience was super helpful. The portal they set up for each intern can easily answer all questions but if you wanted to get into more detail they we were eager to help. Adjusting to the new life style can be challenging for some and our director did a great job of making sure everyone was comfortable and enjoying their time living in Sydney. She would always post upcoming events happening in the week and that was super helpful to stay busy. If you looked to go outside the city the staff would help point you in the right direction. I was fortunate to get landed in a perfect job because my boss understood I was here to learn but I was also here to explore Australia. Being able to travel and get days off made a huge difference; my work made sure I got the full experience while I was here in Australia. Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend to anyone.

We had a lot of problems with our housing. My apartment ended up flooding because of the shower and I know the people in the other apartment had a lot of problems with stuff being broken or just not working.
Tallie

Incredible Experience

This was an incredible experience. Not only was the internship itself amazing, but the excursions and location were amazing too. Andrea, our location coordinator/program advisor, was so helpful and supportive. She never hesitated to go out of her way to help us, and when I had issues with my internship she handled it immediately and helped make my experience even better. I ultimately ended up learning so much more from my internship because of her. That is one of the biggest benefits of doing an internship abroad program like GE, having the support and advice of an advisor (as well as a guaranteed internship and housing). It made all the difference having that outside support, more than I ever counted on. It was nice having so many excursions through the semester as well, it made it feel a little bit like studying abroad again (which I loved). Sydney itself is an amazing city and was so fun to explore and go out with the friends here. All of my roommates and I got along really well and we're all traveling together for a couple months after this trip, which is just another unexpected benefit. Australia is a great country with such friendly people, and its so close to so many other really cool countries to explore after. My internship was amazing, I really learned so much about the industry and ended up with a huge portfolio project which is exactly what I wanted to get out of this internship. I only wish I could do another internship abroad after this!

My only drawback was the housing: the wifi was beyond unreliable and it took a long time for things to get fixed, though that has more to do with the housing company. However, we gave all that feedback to GE and they are aiming to improve it with the housing company.
Mallory

Sydney Internship

The internship is a great experience because it really got me out of my comfort zone. It was the first time going out of the country, so first time going to Sydney, and first time doing an internship. I didn't know what to expect so I kept an open mind and went for it. Through this process I have met some great people, lifelong friends, and people like Andrea, the program advisor, who is there to help and support you along the way. Sydney is a safe country and through the internship there are fun excursions to see more of the city and bond with all the other interns in the program. I have done some amazing traveling through this trip and have seen, done, and learned so much with my time here. My advice is to make the most of it because what you put into it is what you get out of it so enjoy the journey. I am very grateful I got to intern abroad and Global Experiences for making this happen for me.

The housing wasn't great because they took awhile to get back to our needs but GE listened to what we needed and will be making improvements for the future.
Lizzie

Sydney Australia Global Experiences

My experience during the fall semester in Sydney was one of a kind. My placement at the Ensemble Theatre company was an absolute dream and I could not have asked for a more positive and fun work experience! My coworkers were incredibly warm and welcoming and I truly felt like I had joined a family. They even invited me to their Christmas dinner! GE provides an experience that offers equal parts of self growth while also providing a support system for when being in a new country gets to daunting. Our advisor Andrea was an absolute dream and constantly went out of her way to make sure we were having the best experience possible. She even stored my suitcase for me once the program ended! The social outings were a ton of fun and provided a great setting for seeing different parts of this huge city (My favourite had to be the hunter valley wine tours!). On top of the incredible sites, amazing eclectic food and overall relaxed vibe, Australians are super friendly by nature so this is definitely the city to hit. Overall I really don't think I could have asked for a better experience. I absolutely love Sydney and have met some phenomenal people (a few of us are travelling asia together!). I gained a ton of work experience and I am leaving here with a new outlook on my future.

The housing situation was not the best (eg. appliances were always breaking and it was hard to get anyone to come fix it.) But GE has taken our feedback very seriously and are looking to improve upon it for the next group!
Abby

Time of my life in Sydney

I had the best Summer ever interning abroad in Sydney! I absolutely loved my internship, met so many amazing people, and learned so much! The group I met abroad were an amazing and fun group of people. We had a blast at our excursions, and got to do some amazing traveling while in Australia! For being on the other side of the world, it really isn't so different from the US so I never experienced any culture shock along the way. Over all I had a 10/10 unforgettable experience making life-long friends and connections while also feeling much more prepared for my career. What are you waiting for - apply now!

Christina

Come to AUS

Loved the culture here, learned so much from my internship, met so many good friends and decide to stay longer. I was really pushed out of my comfort zone and was forced to meet a lot of new people. I have gone to a lot of amazing events around sudney for my internship and had great support from the GE staff. I would recommend this program to anyone especially if you are trying to gain real working experience. It was truly a unique experience.

Better response by furnished properties they take a while to get back to you on things you need fixed.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...