- Costa Rica
View Other Details
This challenging hands-on internship program has it all: intensive Spanish preparation prior to the internship placement; professional cross-cultural facilitators to accompany interns through the experience and supervise the internship; and quality placements with partner institutions like NGO's, governmental institutions, and community groups.
ICADS' internship program offers over 65 placements in areas of areas of environment, education, health, development, wildlife conservation, and women’s studies, among others.
Students move from observing to participating and have the opportunity to go beyond cultural interaction and observation to cultural immersion and participation in a community.
Are you ready to get your hands dirty and to learn from pioneers in fields of development in Costa Rica and Central America? Come join ICADS' Summer Internship and Cultural Training Program!
- Awesome internship placements in a variety of fields, ranging from local healthcare clinics, to schools, to conservation organizations, to human rights work, to work with migrants, children, or the elderly.... the list goes on and on!
- Program coordinators who are true "cultural brokers," people who will accompany you through the cultural adjustment process and help you analyze the dynamics that you observe and participate in through your work in the community.
- Intensive three week preparation prior to beginning your internship. You'll take Spanish classes, learn about the unique Costa Rican cultural context, and explore how to have thoughtful, intentional interaction and participation in your internship site an
- Warm and inclusive host families who will welcome you into their family and make you part of their lives. Many of our students form relationships with their host family that last long beyond the end of the program!
- You'll have the opportunity to put into practice many of the skills you've honed in a classroom! At ICADS you'll put the theory into practice!