COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Maximo Nivel has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
Maximo Nivel offers internship programs in San Jose, Costa Rica. Develop professional skills and Spanish language fluency in an international setting. International internships provide excellent work experience and build your professional network. Native Spanish immersion takes your Spanish language skills to the next level.
Internship placements include:
- Education (K-12)
- Special Education
- Human Rights
- Hospitality & Tourism
Internship programs are offered as "Practicums" (4 weeks) or "Internships" (8+ weeks). Internship programs are available year round and new programs begin every Monday. with lots of flexibility to meet your needs.
Internships qualify for university credit via our School of Record: California State University-Monterey Bay
- You are supported on-site by a Maximo intern adviser who is there to aid you in setting goals, completing course work, and providing any other support you need.
- You work in small, intimate community placements rather than large corporate settings.
- You are immersed in one of the largest growing and influencing cultures in the Americas.
- You learn or improve your Spanish language skills, which only strengthens your resume.
- Your experience will show your future employer two great characteristics, flexibility and adaptability to new situations.