- You are supported on-site by a Maximo intern adviser who is there to aid you in setting goals, completing course work, and providing any other support you need.
- You work in small, intimate community placements rather than large corporate settings.
- You are immersed in one of the largest growing and influencing cultures in the Americas.
- You learn or improve your Spanish language skills, which only strengthens your resume.
- Your experience will show your future employer two great characteristics, flexibility and adaptability to new situations.
Maximo Nivel offers internship programs in San Jose, Costa Rica. Develop professional skills and Spanish language fluency in an international setting. International internships provide excellent work experience and build your professional network. Native Spanish immersion takes your Spanish language skills to the next level.
Internship placements include:
- Education (K-12)
- Special Education
- Human Rights
- Hospitality & Tourism
Internship programs are offered as "Practicums" (4 weeks) or "Internships" (8+ weeks). Internship programs are available year round and new programs begin every Monday. with lots of flexibility to meet your needs.
Internships qualify for university credit via our School of Record: California State University-Monterey Bay
View Program Information
- Airport Pick-up
- Private room with a host family
- Breakfast and dinner 7 days/week
- 1 hour/day private Spanish classes
- Internship Advisor
- Orientation and safety presentation
- Letter of recommendation
- Free office-wide WiFi and computer lounge
- Free Spanish books and materials
- Free Spanish language tutoring
- Free Tandem Conversation Program (practice your Spanish!)
- Institute is open 7 days/week, including holidays
- Emergency contact 24/7
- Free cultural activities