Marketing and Communications Intern with Awaken in Ecuador

Awaken believes in the transformative power of travel. Awaken does not simply offer tours around Ecuador; what Awaken fosters are travel experiences with hands-on learning and personal reflection all alongside an Ecuadorian family. We primarily market toward universities, offering tailor-made trips in their specific majors, such as nursing, education, ecology, etc. Come intern with us and help us in areas of marketing, social media, sales, and communication.

Awaken is seeking a Marketing and Communications Intern to join our team in Quito, Ecuador. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, energetic, passionate, and result-oriented to join us. Your knowledge of marketing, social media platforms, and communications will enable you to support the implementation of strategic marketing plan to enhance Awaken’s brand recognition, building the market understanding of what Awaken has to offer.

• Commission offered on sales made
  • Year-round availability
  • Travel to the mountains, jungles, beaches of Ecuador FOR FREE while you are joining our trips with our groups
  • Gain Spanish fluency by working with Ecuadorians. We are a mix of Ecuadorians and foreigners (Americans, French, and German) and we speak a mix of Spanish and English.
  • Have the chance to keep working part time for Awaken after your internship finishes and you return to your home country

Maëlle

An amazing team that will make sure you live the best cultural experience

I was part of the Awaken family for 4 months. I had an amazing experience, both with the team that always helped me out or cheered me up when participating to the development of Awaken than with the Ecuadorian.
As a business developer, I was in charge of the social media of Awake. I was always free to share my ideas and free my creativity. Which made it interesting to grow and learn by myself.
What made me love Awaken even more is the human side of the business. Working closely with associations, we had the chance to help people in need beside work.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?

As a national plate, I tried the guinea pig! A must to do if you like trying cultural food
Jao

A real Human and Professional experience

This intership was a real value added for my carrier ! The flexibility of the missions given and the company in general allowed me to have an unique experience according to what I was looking for. The structure of the company is a reflect of what we are more and more finding in new companies in terms of managing.

Moreover, the company helped me to perceive all the facets of the country, allow me to face some realities about some social challenges.

The kindness of the people there really made my travel.

It was a real chance !

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I've accidentally fished a snake which was stronger than me and the boat where I was in.