Global Experiences Internships in London, England

Internship at Insight
Internship at Insight
Doing touristy things!
Doing touristy things!
Trafalgar Square with the Global Experiences group!
Trafalgar Square with the Global Experiences group!

An international internship in London gives you an amazing opportunity to live and work in a fascinating global city. London is one of the most culturally, socially, and professionally diverse cities in the entire world. The booming metropolis is home to thousands of professions ranging from gallery management, fashion, international law, and everything in-between.

London is the ideal place for young professionals and students looking to enhance their resumes with international work experience all while learning about a different culture. In London, you’ll be kept busy with tailored internships, while also being part of Global Experiences’ social events and excursions. Global Experiences is dedicated to making your London internship an experience you’ll never forget.

Please note, the price of tuition covers a guaranteed internship, housing, social events, our career development program, and more. All internships are unpaid as it is difficult to be paid in a foreign country.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in London with other Global Experiences' interns. Your accommodations will have access to public transportation, ensuring its easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in London year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

Popular Programs

Finance Internships

Established in 1991, this asset management firm has worked hard to build an investment team and client base that is committed to focusing on active fund management, with an equal emphasis on preserving capital and generating superior returns. They are looking to add a finance or economics intern to join their 100+ employee company. The intern will work side by side with them in a professional work and learning environment.

Online Marketing Internships

Founded in 2004, this vibrant boutique digital agency is located in the heart of London. They cover all areas of online marketing, from search marketing and social media to web design and development. The intern's responsibilities and experience will vary and be reflective of the client's needs. These duties may include: copywriting, building passion groups and managing online communities, event planning and management, online market research, report writing, brainstorming, and more!

Journalism Internships

Launched in 2005, this quickly growing LGBT news service is now read by more people than any other LGBT news service in Britain. They are looking for an intern to show the ins and outs of journalism. From research to interview skills, to writing for print and web, this news company is ready to offer a unique and professional experience to an intern.

Fashion Internships

This dynamic British design brand provides unique luxury tailoring for contemporary women. Their core product lines have gained recognition from the world's media and are now stocked internationally in the UK, USA, France and online with a bespoke service available in London. The selected intern will learn how to work as a team, develop sewing and pattern cutting skills and gain an intimate glimpse into how a fashion label works.

We do offer internships in fashion design in London. All fashion design applications must be submitted with a supplemental design portfolio, which you can turn in after your Admissions Interview with your Admissions Counselor.
We do offer internships in psychology in London, particularly within doing research and working in nonprofits.

Tayler

Experience of a Lifetime

The summer I spent in London was easily the best summer of my life. The program advisor Carmen was so hopeful and always there when we needed anything, big or small. I met the most amazing people and got to work in a field I'm really passionate about. The city itself is filled with things to do, I didn't even have time to do it all and I was there for two months. There is so much opportunity in London since it is such a huge city. Their public transit (the tube and the bus) are super easy to navigate and fairly always clean. I traveled while I was there a few of the weekends since its so easy to fly or train to other major cities in Western Europe. I wish I could go back because nothing will compare to the friends and memories I made along the way.

Make friends with the people you are working with
Bella

Global Experiences Internship London

I am super thankful that I was able to join the Global Experiences London internship program this summer and I would highly recommend it to anyone! The GE staff are amazing, especially our on-site coordinator Carmen who always went the extra mile to make us feel at home. She organized fantastic social activities and provided us with all the support and information that we needed to make our experience in London memorable! I was really nervous because I had signed up for the program very close to the deadline but the GE team did a great job at finding an internship that I would enjoy and that was related to my field. The living situation wasn't the best but the location was amazing and thanks to the roommate questionnaire that we had to take, prior to the start of the program, I ended up having the best roommates ever! Overall, I had an amazing summer and I am so glad for all the friends I made along the way!

I would tell them to pack light because there are going to be so many opportunities to shop abroad. Before they arrive they should email their company and ask about the dress code because the business culture in London is more relaxed than you would expect. Otherwise, I would just say be open to new experiences and take every opportunity that is presented!
Brooke

LO've'NDON

This past summer was one of the best of my life! Global Experiences' program gave me the opportunity to explore new countries, create lifelong friends, and build my CV (resume) all in 8 amazing weeks! I l couldn't have loved the program more; Global Experiences (and their AMAZING staff) provides you with everything you need to be successful in your new country while still providing you the freedom to really make it your own. As a recent college graduate (April 2019) I was looking for an international internship that would give me real-life work experience to put on my CV while also giving me the ability to travel. This program gave me everything I could've wanted and more! I learned so much and had one of the most incredible summers of my life doing so. To anyone who are interesting in an international internship experience, make Global Experiences your first choice, I promise you'll LO've'NDON it!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
One of the things I learned while on the trip is that London is just an incredibly interesting, creative, and diverse place. This will lead you to see some things that you may not normally see in your day to day life back home. I realized this when one day, while on lunch break, I was at a local market with my co-workers and I see a group of fully dressed Storm Troopers (Star Wars Characters) just walking through the market. The funniest thing to me was no one got out their phones to take a photo/video or even turned to take a second look (at what appeared to me to as a very strange sight). I had to laugh and just love the culture that is London (while also taking a sneaky snapchat for memories sake of course!)
Alicia

Worth it

It was a really great experience! I was able to meet lifelong friends and explore London! Especially if you are a young student, it's fun to be able to go to bars and clubs and experience life at its finest. Even though you have to work, work only takes up half of the day, and for the other half, you are able to explore and go venture into the city. Would recommend for all students looking to get some work experience abroad and also get travel experience in Europe. Also, because the internship is in London, you are able to travel to other countries. Personally, I loved Amsterdam and Prague because they were such unique cities and were a lot of fun! I think the most annoying part was the visa, but once you arrive in the city, everything is all set and good to go.

Zachary

Best Location Coordinator Ever

I would have to say that this was an incredible experience in both my love of adventure and in a professional aspect. This internship helped my resume stand out to employers and I gained an amazing experience living abroad. This provided me with the confidence that I can handle my respected field and that I can survive on my own in a new country. One thing that I would have to point out, in particular, is the Location Coordinator Carmen Chamorro. She was a crucial reason for why I enjoyed London so much. Besides her ability to light up a room and make everyone feel incredibly included, she was there when I needed advice and someone to talk with. The activities she organized were very fun, especially the trips! I would recommend this trip, and if you can, to have Carmen as your Location Coordinator. I promise you won't be disappointed!

I would increase the number of social activities throughout the city to both create a more inclusive group and help participants see different areas of the city
Demi

11/10 would recommend!!!!

Carmen is beyond perfect for this job! She always made sure that we were comfortable enough for us to find our home away from home, which was so important in making our time in London as amazing as it was. The advice that GE gave us before we left made it especially easy to acclimate to the culture here. Also, the company that I worked with taught me a lot and my office was tiny, so I was lucky to have created a very strong bond with my bosses and coworkers. Also, London is the most magical city!!! Each area is unique and has so many hidden gems if you choose to look for them. I wish that I was here for more than 2 months because London has an unlimited amount of experiences to offer. Needless to say, I will be back soon and I am grateful to have come across GE because they really did give me the opportunity of a lifetime.

My advice to future travelers is to really try to meet all of the people in GE with you! I met some fantastic people right before I left and I wish I could’ve gotten to know them more from the beginning!! Also, listen to GE’s packing advice!!! For the girls who also love heels, do yourself a favor and bring a max of 2 pairs.
Mia

London Living

If you are looking for a unique and flexible alternative to studying abroad, GE is for you!
My internship was eye-opening and challenging at times, but also fun. My coworkers treated me as they did any other team member, not “just” an intern. I truly feel that interning through GE has been a turning point in my development as a student, giving me the opportunity to grow and learn in a new setting.
Social opportunities outside of the workplace were abundant, and I formed lifelong friendships through fellow interns.
As for the housing, I loved the location of it. It is truly at the center of London, making it easy to get around. I will say it was disappointing that you had to pay for laundry, considering how expensive London is already.
All in all, London is an amazing place with so much to do. You will never be bored here!

Remember you are there to work! This program was loads of fun, but at the end of the day, you have to make sure you are getting the most out of your time in your actual internship. Don’t take it lightly.
Katie

10/10!!

I am a psych major and I really wanted to intern at a therapy center--so why not intern abroad? I chose Global Experiences because their reviews, especially from psych majors, were glowing and I decided that I would go for it, because every internship is basically just busywork right? Nope! Thank goodness for that. I interned at a little therapy/wellbeing center called Likewise and I got a LOT of hands-on learning. They pushed me out of my comfort zone by having me do one-on-one visits with my own wellbeing clients (!!!!!!!) and I got to lead the big daily sessions in the center and cook meals for anybody who wanted to come into the space and I got to engage in activities with all of the clients. It was absolutely amazing and it has definitely changed my own view of how a therapy center actually works on the inside. But not only was the placement better than I thought it would be--so were the location staff! Our location staff, Carmen and Jose, planned out (free!) day trips for us to Brighton, the Cliffs of Dover, and Canterbury. As well as planning little events during the week like food market tours, picnics in parks, and (again, free!) drinks after work. Carmen especially made this experience all worth it because of her amazing personality. She greeted us with a huge hug every time we saw her and she would always ask us if we were feeling "10/10" that day and if we weren't she wanted to talk to us about our entire day and what she could do to help us feel better, or 10/10 as she would say. I absolutely recommend Global Experiences for your internship abroad and if you are lucky enough to get Carmen as a location coordinator, you are in for a treat!

Jason

London Summer Internship 2019

London was great as I found the atmosphere very similar to NYC. I interned at a media production firm called RATCHET and it was easily one of the best things I have done for myself. RATCHET gave me legitimate work that helped me grow my skills and offered me constructive criticism. I also loved the city food culture as it was filled with an abundance of great food at a price for any budget. I would have never discovered this opportunity had it not been for Global Experiences and I can say without a doubt that this experience set me apart from the crowd as I had received 2 job offers at US based production firms within 24 hours after the interview. Without this experience, I doubt I would have had the edge necessary to stand out. Do It? YES!

Alex

Overall good experience

Enjoyed the work placement. Did lots of cool work. They placed me in an office that suited me and the people there were very welcoming. Heard from others that they too enjoyed their roles so think they do a good job here. GE staff were helpful for those who have not travelled abroad before. Do not think the mandatory sessions should be required. I felt there was not a huge amount of information on the city we were in and more on general tips and advice. This could have been covered in a web seminar rather than needing to meet in person. The events they ran were cool and would recommend to others. Housing could be better. The heating was on in the middle of summer even though we were in a heatwave. Beyond that overall a good experience for me.

Jonathan

London: Fashion PR Summer Internship

Hi Everyone,
Anyone how is interested in interning abroad should definitely try and take the chance to, Interning in London this summer 2019 was definitely a time to remember. I honestly have enjoyed every moment of this program from my internship placement to the activities and everything there is to see and do in London, within 8 weeks of staying London I got to meet so many people and make new professional and social connections. One of the biggest things that made this experience memorable is the sense of community, you instantly make friends and the GE liaisons are more like friends and family members than they are staff. If you are having second thoughts about GE and interning abroad I would put those at ease with saying it is worth it.

Come prepared, bring money if you like to spend, and also learn to say yes to new things experiences and people.
Sarah

Great Experience

Carmen is absolutely amazing. She is a cheerleader for our success and sh ehelps you to find a solution to any problem you have. Jose is just as wonderful, is funny, and fashionable.

My experience with my internship was amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better placement. I have gained skills related to my field of work, but didn't study in School, and combined my talents with these new skills. It has given me knowledge and skills I can add to my resume and expands my job opportunities. I definitely am going to miss working at my Internship.

Without the GE staff on site, and my amazing Coworkers and Internship placement I wouldn't have enjoyed my time here nearly as much as I did, nor would I have grown as an individual. London is what you make of it, but it always helps to have an amazing support network and friendly and caring humans surrounding you.

London is definitely expensive to live, and so is travelling. But I highly recommend this trip. I have grown both personally and professionally. AirConn doesn't exist in Europe for the most part, and we had a massive heat wave.

AirConn doesn't exist in Europe for the most part, and we had a massive heat wave. Even when it gets above 80 it can be unbearably hot especially when taking the Tube. So be prepared to live with windows open and invest in a fan, etc.

I also definitely recommend skipping the bars and pubs/ eating out every night as this is a major expense and you can get really good food at the local grocery for much cheaper.

I also recommend sightseeing as there is so much to see in London. There is usually one night a week that museums and such are open later, so you should also utilise the time after work to see as much as you can.

Marianne

An Amazing Summer!

I had the best summer in London with Global Experience! My work placement was a really good fit for me. I got to learn about web programming with experienced people who really cared about my learning experience. As a software engineering student, it was a good way to learn about an actual company in my field. Interning with GE also allowed me to discover the city with the eyes of a local. The housing was located in the center of the city, and there is always someone to suggest new activities and places to discover. The activities planned with GE takes you to must see spots in the city and lets you explore places outside of the city. Without GE, I would never have though of doing all of these activities. The weekends are also great opportunities to get out of your host city and explore other cities and even countries. Working and travelling makes this experience abroad amazing and it's such a huge growing opportunity on every level! 10/10 Recommend :)

Although my work placement was great, I know people who did not have this chance. If you decide to intern with GE, make sure that you are 100% sure that you like the placement that you accept. You are paying for this, you are allowed to demand for what is right for you!
Chloe

London Business Internship

My placement with Global Experiences couldn't have been better and more relevant to my interests. I ended up learning a ton of new skills and also made great friends within my office. Carmen and the rest of the GE staff did a great job at making sure everyone had the necessary resources. I felt supported the whole time and appreciated all the events they organized, despite not being able to attend several. Leading up to my departure, I will admit that I along with many others had a little bit of stress regarding our Visa arriving on time and or some confusion regarding the process despite me applying and being accepted quite early. Due to this, I think if you are interested in this program you would be better off committing to it sooner rather than later. Overall, I would recommend to anyone looking to try out working abroad!

Riley

Fun and meaningful experience

I really liked interning with Global Experiences. I had a really great internship 5 minutes away from our accommodation that gave me great experience for applying to jobs in the future. I got the chance to do some traveling on the weekends though it was very tiring to do so. I really liked the people that worked for GE especially Carmen she was a light whenever I saw her and everyone really loved her. Would definitely recommend this experience. The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the price. Being here it seems as if you could do this for less money. Overall though it was a good experience being here and interning with my company. It will be something that will look really good on my resume while I apply to jobs in the future which is important.

I felt like getting a visa was a waste of time and money I heard of people who did it without a visa who seemed to be just fine.

Location:
Gatwick
( LGQ )
London Stansted
( STN )

London, although typically regarded for its architecture and city lifestyle, is made up of 40% public green space in the form of incredibly lush parks. London has created an environment where you can spend the day enjoying city life and then escape to Primrose hill, the Thames, or a walk by the canals.

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...