Bloomsbury Summer Programme - London

The Bloomsbury Summer Programme allows students to study and intern in London for eight weeks during the summer. In addition to taking academic classes at Birkbeck, University of London, participants build business connections and gain cultural understanding through an internship with a British organisation.

Participants in the programme will undertake an internship that has been carefully tailored to them, which matches up with their academic programme and future goals. We work closely with the interns and employers to ensure that interns are gaining valuable experience and building skills relevant to their studies and future career goals. Working at their internship for 20 hours per week, academic credit will be awarded by Birkbeck, University of London, upon completion of the programme.

In addition to the internship, participants will enrol in a class with Birkbeck, University of London, selecting from approximately 6 course options.

• All inclusive price including placement, academic provision and accommodation all in Central London.
  • rewarding placements in a variety of different types of business ranging from technology to politics, and large Multinational to Start-Up tech businesses.
  • We help you through the Tier 4 visa process so that the process is less stressful.
  • We help you with finding a placement that matches your studying profile and career aspirations and make sure you leave London with an experience that can enhance your career path.
  • London is an awesome city to work, study and live in and we are geared up to make sure you make the most of your 8 weeks with us. We provide great student support when you are here, including group activities and advice on trips abroad.

Andrea

Experience of a Lifetime

I participated in the program in 2003, and it has had a significant impact on my career and my life. I was placed in an internship with the Liberal Democrats Parliamentary Press Office. Everyone was incredibly warm and welcoming, and they strove to give me an incredibly memorable experience. They invited me to a variety of meetings, social events, and conferences. I was given unique research and writing tasks. All of this gave me great insight into the world of politics--a world in which I thought I wanted to pursue a career. Instead, I realized that my passion was actually more in the policy arena rather than the actual politics, and I shifted my career path. Without this internship experience and the exposure I had to such a variety of activities, I am not sure if I would have ended up where I am today.

I am unsure of how the program has changed since 2003 (over 10 years ago!) but the only part that I wish had been different was that I wish there had been more people in my program. The year I went, there were only 2 of us, and we did not live together. I had a couple of friends on study abroad in London so that helped, but it could get a bit lonely in the evenings, especially being so far away from friends and family.

About Anglo Educational Services

Anglo Educational Services (AES) are a provider of internships and student housing in London, UK. With over 40 years of experience working with US college students in London, AES provides a comprehensive offering including visa support, internship...