Projects Abroad Nutrition Internship in Fiji

The Projects Abroad Nutrition internship provides participants the opportunity to get involved with the main health issues facing the people of Fiji. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in the Nutrition field or simply looking for a way to contribute to a meaningful project.

• As a veterinary intern, you will provide much needed support on this valuable project. If you're looking for a way to gain professional experience while also giving back, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
  • Project dates a flexible, talk to a Projects Abroad adviser to discuss your ideal start and finish dates to join the veterinary internship in Fiji.
  • Immerse yourself in the culture of Fiji! This is your opportunity to open yourself up to a new culture and maybe learn a bit about yourself in the process.
  • Meet international interns who have also traveled to join this veterinary internship with Projects Abroad!
  • Projects Abroad makes planning easier by advertising an all-inclusive price. The only thing you need to worry about is getting yourself to Fiji, and a representative can even book a flight for you!

New Gap Semester Programs!

🌍 Cultural Exchange ⭐ Experiential Learning 📅 6 weeks+

Asia, Africa, and Beyond! Looking for an alternative to virtual learning? Our new Going Beyond gap semester programs are a safe, structured, yet flexible option to see the world while gaining valuable work experience and knowledge abroad. Half semester up to a full year - choose your own path and tasks. Next escape is November 8th!

Discover more & Apply! - Limited spaces available.

Popular Programs

Nutrition Internships in Fiji

Work with professionals and raise awareness in local communities about the importance of healthy living.

Analiese

I love Fiji!

My time in Fiji was an amazing and unforgettable experience. I stayed in Nadi and interned/volunteered for the Nutrition Project through Projects Abroad. Fiji overall is a great country to travel to; its beauty is stunning, there is plenty to do in your free time, and I felt very safe the whole time. I stayed with a host family, which was such a great experience. My host mom, "Lo" as we called her, was such a sweet spirit who did everything she could to make the volunteers feel comfortable and at home. She was also a great cook, and made us delicious traditional Fijian meals every night! I loved having dinner with her and the rest of the family every night and playing with her 4 kids.

The nutrition project itself was an amazing and unique learning experience as well as a ton of fun! I am a nutrition student at the University of Alabama, so I was able to apply my previous nutrition knowledge as well as learn a lot about Fijian dietary habits/recommendations. We did a variety of things including health screenings, nutrition counseling, and presentations at schools. Everyday was a little different, which kept the project exciting. Our project coordinator, Meiva, was really great in leading us each day, and also was very open to suggestion for how to make the project better. She also asked every intern what they enjoyed or wanted to get out of the project, and made changes accordingly.

Lastly, I think my favorite part of the whole experience was the other volunteers I met while I was there. I loved spending every day with my fellow nutrition volunteers and also getting to know interns from the other projects in Nadi as well. We had “socials” arranged by Projects Abroad and also explored Fiji together in our free time at night or on weekends. I know I made several lasting friendships, and I even have plans for a volunteer I met in Fiji to come visit me this Fall! Overall this was an incredible experience of a lifetime.

I think the nutrition project could have reached more people within Fiji if we expanded who all we gave presentations to or did nutrition screenings for.