World Wide Village - Internships in Haiti

World Wide Village - Internships in Haiti

Interns play a valuable role in World Wide Village's initiatives in Haiti. Interns focus on the expansion of WWV's initiatives by utilizing social media, education, engineering, architectural design, and much more! Internships require a minimum two month commitment, and can be take in the summer, spring, or fall. Interns can also choose a shorter 2 week J-term option. Visit the WWV website for more information on internships in Haiti.

• World Wide Village looks for interns who are ready and willing to adapt a different culture and get involved in meaningful community development projects. If you don't shy away from immersing yourself in a different culture and learning about yourself alo
  • The internship program in Haiti is unique to every intern. Rather than design a common internship program for everyone, World Wide Village works individually with students to match their interests with the needs on the ground.
  • In addition to working on individual projects, interns also collaborate with WWV team members on group projects, giving them the opportunity to learn from other interns and staff members.
  • Interns in Haiti mainly take part in construction projects, community outreach, teacher training, and various other development projects. Visit the WWV for more details on the internship program.
  • Interns have the option to learn the local language during their enriching internship program in Haiti. Visit the WWV to learn more about the Haiti internship program.
North America » Haiti
Weekly Hours

intern2012
Knoxville, Tennessee

Look Elsewhere

When looking at the World Wide Village website, you can see that they are apart of TONS of activities in and around Port-au-Prince, Haiti - but after interning with them, I quickly realized that the majority of the information on their website is false or exaggerated.

The experience I was told that I was going to experience didn't happen. What I was told I was going to Haiti to help with, didn't happen. Part of the program I was told I would be helping with no longer exists. I feel like I was basically lied to and taken advantage so they could get my money and get me down to Haiti.

The organization is very poorly ran and completely unorganized. Please take it from me, do LOTS AND LOTS of research on an organization before you commit 2 months of your life - I wish I would have taken those words of wisdom before working with World Wide Village.

John
msp
Minnesota State University- Mankato

There are better programs

WWV is in Port au Prince, Haiti with operations all throughout haiti. WWV charges a pretty large fee to participate for their intern program, and while we were always well fed and cared for, the program is very unorganized. Most of what was planned was always done completely last minute.

The fee was also pretty hefty and unjustifable.

World Wide Village, Inc. is non-profit organization founded in 2001 by a group of entrepreneurs who decided to make a positive impact in the lives impoverished communities in Haiti. World Wide Village seeks to decrease constant dependency of under-served communities through education, empowerment, and community