View Other Details
- No fewer than 2 years experience managing a team of peers, preferably in a professional role
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills (experience living in Latin America is preferred)
- Ability to manage a large team and solve problems in collaboration with In-Country Director and Program Manager
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Fluency in both written and spoken Spanish and English
- Willingness to operate in a low-resource environment under challenging living conditions
- Bachelor’s degree (Education or related field is preferred)
The Program Administrator is an in-country team member charged with leading a team of motivated volunteers in a BECA community school. They are creative and flexible with proven management experience. The primary role of the Program Admin is to work as a liaison between BECA volunteer teachers and the Honduran staff at the school, both in logistical matters like calendar and staff meetings, and in cultural matters like assisting with event-planning for school holidays and supporting collaboration between a culturally-diverse staff.
The Administrator is also responsible for overseeing and running the scholarship program, which helps provide access to higher-level education to families from a wide variety of economic backgrounds. For these reasons, the Administrator must be fluent in both Spanish and English, and feel comfortable speaking publicly, engaging in school board meetings, and having professional conversations with parents, teachers, and staff in both languages.
- Monthly stipend.
- Flight stipend.
- Leadership Training.
- Quarterly Professional Development days.
- Quarterly Leadership Summits.