DestIndia Internships: Dream Internships in India

DestIndia Internships: Dream Internships in India

DestIndia Internships is a leading social enterprise offering the exciting internships and volunteering opportunities in India for international students and graduates. We partner with companies with the highest reputation, who will give you an incredible learning and life experience.

Our goal is to promote global awareness, offer incredible experiences that will our interns a better chance of securing their dream job, and offer great personal development, too.

We want to attract the future leaders, the game changers, the out-of-the-box thinkers. We hope to make our interns extraordinary individuals who chose to go out of their comfort zone stretch themselves and as a result, opened doors to a future they may never have found otherwise.

If you are looking for an opportunity to make headway into the professional or volunteering world and seek a distinctive international experience, DestIndia Internships is the ideal option for you.

• COST: Our pricing structure is by far the most competitive on the market, and the companies we have carefully selected for your internship are unparalleled.
  • RESUME: Gain that competitive edge over your peers when looking to secure your dream job. The valuable work experience you'll gain will increase your chances of securing a job by 80% -- while sharpening your professional development skills.
  • SUPPORT: From start to finish, we'll support your needs throughout your experience. Initially, we seek your personal and professional goals. Then, we offer personal budget and travel advice. Not to worry, we even provide in-country accommodation. We'll pi
  • COMMUNITY: Our volunteering programs will transform the way you view other cultures. In fact, it could quite possibly change the way you live your life. DestIndia is at the forefront of betting the way volunteering in done in India -- ensuring a safe, exc
  • GLOBAL IMPACT: Our internships will help you demonstrate: drive, ambition, adaptability and pro-activeness in securing a placement in an exciting foreign economy. These personal attributes are highly valued by employers in today's global marketplace.
Asia » India » Delhi
Tourism
Guesthouse
Phone / Skype Interview
Weekly Hours
Program cost covers accommodation, pre-departure information, local team to support you, airport pick up and drop-off, some internships include meals. Please note the program cost is reduced by 50% if you decide to arrange your own accommodation. Furthermore, some of our internships are paid.

Rebecca
Brazil
University of Sheffield

Volunteering with orphans

I chose to volunteer at an orphanage in Delhi through DestIndia- what an experience. Before coming, I was sent a Volunteering handbook, which helped me prepare for my time ahead, both in terms of things to bring with me, but more importantly, to prepare me for the emotional shock and expectations that would hit me upon my arrival. The background stories the vast majority of these children is tragic- how they came to be orphans. However working with these children and the team of volunteer dedicated to helping them has been a inspiring experience. I could see the joy and excitement in the kids faces when I was teaching English, telling them stories about England, and playing music! The children are so happy that they have foreigners coming to work with them, giving them attention, helping them develop, as for so long they have not had this. My day to day experience involved helping them with their school work, playing music, taking them on trips around Delhi, and arts & crafts. One thing my experience taught me was how fortunate I am- and how grateful these kids are for the little they have. It have brought about a new perspective on life that I hope I won't lose. This has been the most rewarding experience of my life, and I will cherish the time I spent with the children.

Honestly, this was an amazing program which for me, blew my mind. If anything could be improved, it would probably be arranging more events with the other volunteers and interns.

Lucy
London
King's College London

Microfinance Internships experience

I had been inspired to work in micro-finance from a course I did at university. I came across DestIndia Internships and lovedd the internship position they had on offer. Unlike many micro-finance organisations, who work directly with the communities they are trying to help, the company I was place in, Access Development, focused on the policy level, partnering with the state and national governments to help influence and implement reforms in the micro-finance space to ensure the industry was evolving and improving. A key part of this was identifying, learning, and sharing best practices in Micro-finance globally, and to this end, I worked a lot on arranging a conference for micro-finance leader from all over the world came to India to share their ideas. I then helped share this new knowledge to the micro-finance organisations within India.
The accommodation DestIndia Internships provided was close to the office, had A/C and I had my own en-suite bathroom. They offered a lot of support at the start of the program, and as I became more settled and confident, they checked in less often. Of course their team is only a phone call away if I needed them.
All in all this was a great experience- putting learing into practice, and working at such a high policy level was inspiring.

Thinking back, maybe the one thing that could be improved is more insight into how to prepare for the role before leaving for India. I think if I had understood the role more thoroughly, I could have done even more research so I could hit the ground running.

Danny
France
Durham University

Fantastic Hotel Management Internship Experience

I spent 3 months is one of the most beautiful hotels in Rajasthan- Rawla Narlai. I worked closely with the general manager across a variety of activities including marketing, taking guests on horse rides and safaris, F&B and front of house. The main goal was to ensure the guests had an amazing, unforgettable experience- the thing is, I ended up having on too! The setting was idyllic, the food was really good, and the local staff were fun to work with too. The skills I developed have been really useful with securing my new role.

I think a very basic crash course in the local dialect would be useful to communicate with some of the staff who don't speak good english. Just to learn the basics before starting would be a god idea.

DestIndia Internships- The number one platform connecting international talent to amazing internship and volunteering opportunities in India. We handpick only the best companies to partner with- be it in fashion or finance, marketing or music, you can be sure you will get a fantastic experience.