Let the world change you in India. CFHI provides a variety of public health and healthcare immersion programs that cover a diverse range of subjects that include but aren’t limited to: end of life and palliative care, traditional medicine, chronic disease, and ophthalmology. CFHI programs are available all throughout the country such as Delhi, Mysore in the north, Trivandrum, and Mumbai:
Public Health Delivery Innovations and Community Medicine
End-of-Life and Palliative Care
Rural and Urban Himalayan Rotation
Hospital Medicine and Infectious Disease
Intro to Traditional Medicine
Sight for All - Ophthalmology
Maternal and Child Health
Chronic Disease and Integrative Medicine
Depending on your program choice, relax at the end of the day with local families or in a private apartment as you prepare for the next day. CFHI participants may also choose to organize their own day trips on the weekend to explore India’s spectacular tourist sites.
- These experiences will complement participants' clinical immersion in hospitals in and around Delhi.
- Participants will see some of the efforts of non-profits providing health care to street children who have no other access to services.
- We recommend you study Hindi if possible before you go. All of activities listed above will be conducted in English and all of our partners in this program speak English, yet other people you encounter may not.
- Clinical rotations Monday-Friday, working with a local physicians and public health experts who have opted to participate in CFHI as a teaching preceptors.
- Information sessions that highlight the health care system in that country, common cases you will encounter and other site-specific information.