• Indonesia

Unpaid
Year Round

Pricing

$2,800 USD
Our prices include accommodation, food on boat days, all course/training material including divemaster CREWPACKS & ACTIVATION (500USD add-on, normally), and all specialty course certifications.

The program price and duration and based on your current level of certification.

For Rescue Certified divers: 2800$ and 8 weeks
For Advanced Certified divers: 3400$ and 10 weeks
For Open Water Certified divers: 4000$ and 12 weeks
For Non-Divers: 4700$ and 14 weeks
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Some Meals Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

We also include all course material, and professional activation fees (usually around 400 USD)

What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Jun 15, 2021
Oct 04, 2021

Project Laut is an organization dedicated to marine research and divemaster training in Nusa Penida, off the coast of Bali.

We conduct marine research focused primarily on the population ecology of the local critically endangered sea turtle species, the Hawksbill Turtle. We use non-invasive photo-identification methods to study population size and change over time using a continuous mark-recapture study. We collaborate with several other organizations to ensure that interns get exposed to a wide variety of marine conservation topics from leaders in their respective fields. Some of these topics include manta rays, elasmobranchs (sharks&rays), coral restoration & propagation, and microplastics and recycling.

We have also partnered with the award-winning Nomads Dive Centre in order to deliver a top-notch SSI divemaster program. Nomads has excellent training facilities, such as a large 3-tiered pool, A/C classrooms, and two large boats with direct beach access.

Program Highlights

• Beautiful Marine Protected Area Environment
  • Established Success
  • Stunning Facilities With Beach Access
  • Trained & Experienced Staff
  • Scientifically-focused

Mark

Experience of a lifetime!

My time with Joma and Project Laut was amazing to say the least! I came to Penida as an inexperienced diver and with the training and guidance provided by Joma, I am now a certified divemaster and will be moving on to my instructor course soon.

The instruction both in and out of the water was top notch, Joma is very personable and kind, always willing to talk with you and answer any and all questions, whether it was diving related or not. He has a wealth of diving knowledge and is very passionate about it as well as the conservation work, passion which is simply contagious! In my time diving with them I have improved greatly and am more than glad I chose to do my divemaster internship with him. The conservation work that is being done with the Hawksbill turtles was and is incredibly interesting, getting to identify individuals of such an endangered species is a thrill and very rewarding.

The facilities at Nomads are very nice, and all the gear is kept up nicely, I felt very safe and taken care of when I was out in the water.

I couldn’t recommend the internship enough! To anyone thinking about going to beautiful Penida and diving with Joma and Nomads, all I would say it to go for it, you will not be disappointed, it’s been one of the best experiences of my life.

Paulin

Great Time with Nomads

I had a great Time with Nomads and especially with my Instructor Joma.

I've done all courses with him starting with the Open Water and finishing with my Rescue Diver. Unfortunately, my Dive Master Training was cut short because of Covid otherwise I would've also done my DM at Nomads with Joma. I've always felt safe while diving with Joma and had a lot of fun while seeing very cool stuff underwater.

I highly recommend everyone that wants a good Diverseducation in Penida to stay at Nomads. They take good care of you and fun will always be the top priority right after your safety.

What was your funniest moment?
My funniest moment was probably my Stress Dive during my rescue course or my Depspec where we went down to 40m and everyone was a little bit narced.
Eric

Awesome 👌

WOOHOO!

So much fun and great times with Joma & Project Laut. I did my divemaster course with the Nomads shop during early COVID times, and was super happy with the experience. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable, the facilities and equipment were spectacular and the dive sites and marine life are just amazing!

I would definitely recommend this program and dive centre for anyone looking to do their divemaster course, get involved in marine conservation & research, and who want to have fun and make good friendships along the way!