• Indonesia

Year Round
Apartment Host Family
Weekly Hours

Pricing

Our prices include all diving-related activities, courses, professional activation fees, & materials (roughly USD$500).

The program price and duration are based on your current level of diving certification.

For Rescue Certified divers: $2800 / 8 weeks
For Advanced Certified divers: $3400 / 10 weeks
For Open Water Certified divers: $4000 / 12 weeks
For Non-Divers: $4700 / 14 weeks
What's Included
Activities Some Meals Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

We also include all course material, and professional activation fees (usually around USD$500)

What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Jun 15, 2021
Nov 06, 2021
4 travelers are looking at this program

Project Laut is an NGO dedicated to the ocean, and protecting & conserving it's beauty and biodiversity through high-level scuba dive training and ecological monitoring programs.

We are based out of Nomads Diving, an award-winning beachfront eco-dive center in Nusa Penida. Here in Penida we have an incredibly healthy, robust, & biodiverse coral reef system that has been designated as a Marine Protected Area (MPA). It is our goal to generate high-quality scientific data with regards to our 3 conservation initiatives in order to better understand our local ecology and to better inform conservation efforts in our area.

We focus on three major arenas:
Firstly, the population ecology of our locally abundant, but critically endangered sea turtles.
Secondly, we conduct Biodiversity Mapping on our reefs in order to create historical reef maps & understand how coral changes over time.
Lastly, we conduct scientifically-supported & guided coral restoration efforts on our reefs.

Program Highlights

• Complete Your SSI Divemaster Course and 5 SSI Marine Ecology Specialties In Paradise
  • Get Practical Hands-On Experience With Conservation Efforts & Ecological Monitoring Methods
  • Work Alongside A Team Of Experienced Dive Professionals & Ocean Lovers
  • Help Build Your Confidence & Your CV In Order To Launch Your Conservation & Professional Diving Career
  • Get Your University Credit Through The Erasmus+ Program!

Program Dates

Application Deadline
Program Dates

Sandra

Such a great experience

I had a great time with Nomads & Project Laut! The diving here is beautiful and Joma is a great & responsible instructor.

The atmosphere in the shop is fun, educational & professional. Sometimes they organize BBQs, movie nights or tours around the island.

The facilities are great! They have a huge pool that is great for training (and tanning!), the gear room is beautiful & well-kept, and the air-conditioned classrooms are great for all the indoor conservation work!

I would definitely recommend anyone wanting to do their divemasters to look no further than Nomads & Project Laut!!

Spend time under water as much as you can! The diving is great and due to conditions you learn a lot!
Jess

One of the Greatest Experiences of my Life

I had one of the greatest life experiences at Nomads. The crew are so friendly, they started to feel like family after a very short period of time. The head instructor, Joma, is so full of knowledge about the ocean and diving, I felt so safe and confident with him as my instructor. The gear was always up to scratch and the dive shop itself had such a great atmosphere. The dives were guided super well and the sites were absolutely breath-taking! Thank you, Nomads for such a rewarding experience.

Abby

Absolutely memorable

Project Laut & Joma are both fantastic and tons of fun!

I did my courses with Project Laut & Nomads, and I was uber impressed with the customer service and professionalism in the shop and throughout the courses. I was nervous because I heard Nusa Penida had some strong currents, but Joma helped me build confidence and feel good in currents.
Now I LOVE the drift diving!

The reefs are so healthy here, it is amazing. The mantas are stunning and stay at the island all year, and if you are lucky (like I was) then you might get a chance to see the elusive Mola Mola ;)
I would recommend Project Laut & Joma to anyone who wants to have fun and learn a ton about the ocean!

my drift diving skills ofcourse it was so much fun and very memorable!!
Virginia

Great program!

I had such a great time with Project Laut & Nomads!

I did my courses with Joma and I had so much fun. The diving was beautiful, but the currents are definitely challenging. Joma made me feel safe & comfortable in the currents, but it definitely takes some getting used to!

The facilities at Nomads were great - the pool is large, the gear room is well-kept and they even have nice air conditioned classrooms for theory sessions.

I would definitely recommend Project Laut & Nomads for anyone looking to do their dive training!

Theresa

Couldn’t recommend more!

Penida is a stunning place to do a divemasters course! You will get it all, crazy marine life, crazy conditions! It’s great to be able to deal with all of that! Joma is a very passionate, fun and safe dive instructor!! You will definitely enjoy being trained there! On top of that! Penida is gorgeous above the water aswell! You will always have great food, a beautiful sunset, good live music, great people! Go pack your bags and enjoy stunning Penida and project laut!!!! Oh and give the dogs some cuddles from me!!! :)

Mark

Experience of a lifetime!

My time with Joma and Project Laut was amazing to say the least! I came to Penida as an inexperienced diver and with the training and guidance provided by Joma, I am now a certified divemaster and will be moving on to my instructor course soon.

The instruction both in and out of the water was top notch, Joma is very personable and kind, always willing to talk with you and answer any and all questions, whether it was diving related or not. He has a wealth of diving knowledge and is very passionate about it as well as the conservation work, passion which is simply contagious! In my time diving with them I have improved greatly and am more than glad I chose to do my divemaster internship with him. The conservation work that is being done with the Hawksbill turtles was and is incredibly interesting, getting to identify individuals of such an endangered species is a thrill and very rewarding.

The facilities at Nomads are very nice, and all the gear is kept up nicely, I felt very safe and taken care of when I was out in the water.

I couldn’t recommend the internship enough! To anyone thinking about going to beautiful Penida and diving with Joma and Nomads, all I would say it to go for it, you will not be disappointed, it’s been one of the best experiences of my life.

Eric

Awesome 👌

WOOHOO!

So much fun and great times with Joma & Project Laut. I did my divemaster course with the Nomads shop during early COVID times, and was super happy with the experience. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable, the facilities and equipment were spectacular and the dive sites and marine life are just amazing!

I would definitely recommend this program and dive centre for anyone looking to do their divemaster course, get involved in marine conservation & research, and who want to have fun and make good friendships along the way!