View Other Details
Package #1 - Dive Master (8 weeks)
For divers who have completed up to their Rescue Diver course
Package #2 - Rescuer (10 weeks)
For Advanced divers who need to complete their rescue skills during their program.
Package #3 - Advanced (12 weeks)
For divers with an Open Water Diver certification and need to complete both Advanced and Rescue courses
Package #4 - Zero to Hero (14 weeks)
For applicants who have no previous diving experience and need to complete all the required prerequisites.
Package #5 - Researcher (6 weeks)
For professional or experienced divers who do not need to complete their Dive Master course
All packages include accommodation, in country transportation, 6-8 dives per week, 5 specialty courses, workshops, program shirt, VISA assistance, pre arrival training materials, pre arrival support
*Due to it's remoteness, all Raja Ampat programs include full room and board
Return flights to home country
In country spending money
Travel and Dive Insurance
Profesional Processing Fees
Dive Master Training Manuals
Indo Ocean Project was founded by marine biologists and dive professionals to create a high level training and ecological monitoring program in the heart of the coral triangle.
Our field expeditions in Indonesia hosts research projects focused on marine mega fauna, coral reef conservation, and marine policy. The aim of the Indo Ocean Project is to generate high quality scientific data to inform local mangers and stakeholders about the status of Marine Protect Areas (MPA), and to increase marine conservation awareness among the local communities and general public. We combine our research project with a dive master internship program to allow aspiring marine researchers or dive professionals to gain hands on experience in a professional environment while completing several internationally recognized certifications.
You don't need to be a diver or scientist to apply! Join one of our project locations in Nusa Penida (Bali), Bira (Southern Sulawesi) or Raja Ampat (West Papua).
- Complete your dive master course and 5 marine ecology specialty certifications in paradise
- Immerse yourself in tropical marine biology and work alongside a team of award winning dive professionals and marine biologists
- Practical hands on research diver training and techniques including ecological monitoring surveys, baited remote underwater video, marine megafauna photographic identification, coral restoration, coral reef mapping, mangrove and sea grass restoration...
- Career stepping stone and CV builder, launch your marine conservation or professional diving career
- Explore Indonesia's top diving destinations and swim with manta rays, sea turtles, sharks, ocean sunfish and pristine coral reefs in the planets biodiversity hotspot: Nusa Penida, Bira, and Raja Ampat
The project headquarters is located on the island of Nusa Penida in the Penida Marine Park. Penida is a diver, surfer, and yogi paradise only a 30-minute boat ride from southeast Bali and ideally located only 1 hour away from the Denpasar International Airport.
- Year-round manta ray sightings
- Seasonal mola sightings (ocean sunfish)
- Nusa Penida Turtles project
- Mangrove and Coral nursery and restoration
- Grounded ecological monitoring and baseline data
Raja Ampat is comprised of over 1500 small islands surrounding 4 main islands of Misool. Salawati, Batanta, and Waigeo. The project headquarters are located on the island of Waigeo around 20 minute’s drive from the regions capital, Waisai.
- Most biodiverse marine ecosystem on the planet
- Project development
- Established MPA
- Remote island living
- Manta rays, reef sharks, macro diving (critters) and thriving coral reefs
Bira is located on a peninsula in Southern Sulawesi around 200km away from Makasar. It has one of Indonesia’s most stunning beaches and untouched reefs. Far away from the hustle and bustle of cities, this sleepy ship building village has only just started to attract the travellers eye.
- Reef sharks galore!
- Marine park development
- Baseline data collection and ecological monitoring
- Coral nursery and mangrove restoration
- Community and education program