• Ireland

Non-Monetary Benefits
Fall Spring Summer
Weekly Hours

Pricing

Program fee includes: guaranteed internship placement, award winning career development with 15 hours of one-on-one coaching, social events & excursions, centralized housing, local support from staff, personalized career development and pre-departure, and medical/travel insurance.
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Travel Insurance Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Meals
Feb 15, 2022
Jul 29, 2022
2 travelers are looking at this program

Galway is a city of bustling medieval streets and waterways, located in the heart of the most breath-taking natural Ireland scenery. The city is famed for its traditional and contemporary music scene and a center of arts and culture.

Internships in Galway are available for university students and graduates, and young professionals! Along with your fellow interns on the program, you will also connect with local professionals in your career field at your internship placement. As with most small cities, the working atmosphere can be a little more informal than other places, although it depends on the type of workplace. We’ll support you every step of the way to make sure your internship in Galway is an experience you’ll never forget.

Included in the cost of your tuition is a guaranteed internship, housing, social events, our career development program, and more.

Program Highlights

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Galway with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Galway year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

Global Experiences Generation Study Abroad Scholarship

Global Experiences offers scholarships for both summer and semester terms in any of the organization’s 11 global cities. They are currently accepting applications for summer and fall 2021 and 2022. Full scholarships are available for semester-long programs, with special consideration given to those who are underrepresented in study abroad programs. Global Experiences also contributes to those who receive a Pell Grant or Benjamin A. Gillman scholarship, for both in person and virtual programs.

$500 - $3,000

Abbey

Summer in Galway

This has been an incredible summer in Galway! I’m glad Global Experiences had an internship program where I could work abroad while getting credit for my university. My internship placement was really fun & I learned a lot throughout my entire time. The on-site program advisor was wonderful & super helpful! The city of Galway is a great spot if you’re looking for a smaller city vibe. It’s beautiful, quaint, & there’s lots to do here! The accommodations were great as we had our own bedroom & bathroom with a shared kitchen area. It was amazing meeting all of the other interns & we all became friends fast. It was an experience I’ll never forget! I’m glad I chose Galway!

Pros
  • Walkable
  • Safe
  • Welcoming
Cons
  • Transportation
  • Limited nightlife
  • The weather
Alyssa

No Regrets

I had no idea what to expect from this experience going in. The only thing I knew was that I wanted to go abroad and get experience that would help me in the future. Global Experiences was great helping me figure out my ideal location and ideal placement. I placed with a wonderful company. It was filled with the most kind and welcoming staff. I have never felt so comfortable and they took my thoughts and suggestions into consideration. Our point of contact here was absolutely wonderful. Any issue we had she was their to help. Anything we needed she was there to listen. Galway it's self is a charming city. It is full of history, great night life, and so many places to visit on the weekends. The eyre square is full of pubs, shops, and historical sights to see. A market happens every weekend which has so many artistic peices and food trucks. The locals are so nice to talk to and very proud of where they come from rightfully so! They will happily give you directions to the craic happening in town. They also have so many festivals it's hard not to find somthing happening in town! Lastly the accommodations are a quick bus ride into town. Even though you share a common area you have your own spacious room and bathroom. You share the common area with other GE interns. As for my experience I have made so many new friends. The other interns here are all so friendly, since we all are in the same boat we easily bonded over our interships and as time went on we become amazing friends. Overall if you are looking for a location that doesn't feel like a big city, has a big personality, and holds the most lovely people and experiences come to Galway!!!

Pros
  • Amazing locals
  • Great nightlife and day activities
  • Small town feel
Cons
  • Not many clubs here
  • Most Placements need to take a daily bus
  • Not a big city
Alex

Experience of a Lifetime!

I felt very comfortable studying abroad in a foreign city. Between my program advisor and work supervisor, I was able to adjust to living and working in Ireland pretty fast. My advisor hosted many events to educate me on the cultural history of Galway and introduced me to the social scene. My supervisor supported me in overcoming obstacles that appeared in my work and allowed me to flourish in my own work. I would highly recommend this program for anyone who is searching for a summer internship.

Pros
  • Was able to work on my own project for work.
  • Gave me freedom to explore Ireland and Europe with friends.
  • Got educated on cultural history of Ireland
Cons
  • The expenses that were had during the trip were more than anticipated, but worth it!
Luc

Interning in Galway!

Interning in Galway may have been the best decision I have made! The global experiences program made it very easy to set up interviews with host companies and land an internship that would most benefit my knowledge of my major and career outlooks. The program team was always ahead of the game, making sure travel paperwork and coaching calls were maintained in the months leading up to departure. The program was very helpful and friendly in my needs and what I wanted to accomplish whilst on the trip. Thanks GE!

Pros
  • Several cultural events
  • Beautiful accomodations
  • Practical Work Experience