View Other Details
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Minimum 2.75 GPA required for students with at least 75 semester credits; Minimum 3.0 GPA required for students with 45-74 semester credits and for all students seeking placements in finance and political science
Round trip flights, airport transfers and 2-night London stopover included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.
Spend a semester or academic year in the classic city of Florence with AIFS. Earn up to 13 credits each semester through Fairfield University in Florence. No previous Italian language study is required. You’ll live in an Italian homestay or a shared student apartment. Both housing options include a meal plan.
Select the Internship Program to begin or advance your Italian language, gain international work experience and study relevant coursework to your internship placement.
AIFS in Florence includes a one-week orientation in Tuscany (fall) or Rome (spring) before the semester begins to help you acclimate to life in Italy.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities including:
• Guided city walks
• Visits to museums
• Italian cooking classes
• Day trips to Pisa, Lucca and the Vespa Factory.
Fall students take a 3-day trip to Rome. Spring students take a 5-day trip to Rome. All students enjoy 2-days in Venice and a day trip to Siena.
- 3-day trip to Rome (Fall) or 5-day trip to Rome (Spring)
- 2-day trip to Venice
- Earn up to 13 credits and transcript issued by Fairfield Unviersity
- No previous Italian language study required
- Meal plan valued at $1,700
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support
We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad. AIFS also offers internship and study abroad + internship blended programs to support the development of personal and professional skills.