Join a Projects Abroad as an intern in Jamaica! This is a unique opportunity to experience a side of Jamaica rarely seen on the tourist trail and provide sustainable help to communities in need.
We offer a wide selection of internships, including Medicine, Dentistry, Law & Human Rights, International Development, Veterinary Medicine and Journalism.
Visit the Projects Abroad website for more information on this program. Thank you for your interest in volunteering Jamaica with Projects Abroad!
- Interns in Jamaica will work with Projects Abroad staff as well as local experts in journalism to make the most out of their international internship experience.
- This program is customizable to fit your needs, whether you're interested in adding to your resume, or simply gaining some experience by exploring Jamaica, Projects Abroad has the ideal program for you!
- Interns will likely stay with a host-family in Jamaica, giving them the opportunity to learn about Jamaican culture and heritage. To learn more about accommodation in Jamaica, visit the Projects Abroad website.
- Working in Jamaica will also give you the opportunity to meet interns from around the world, and make long-lasting friendships.
- The cost for this program includes the placement fee, housing, and insurance. Projects Abroad can also provide assistance in booking flights to Jamaica.
New Gap Semester Programs!
Asia, Africa, and Beyond! Looking for an alternative to virtual learning? Our new Going Beyond gap semester programs are a safe, structured, yet flexible option to see the world while gaining valuable work experience and knowledge abroad. Half semester up to a full year - choose your own path and tasks. Next escape is November 8th!
Discover more & Apply! - Limited spaces available.
Projects Abroad offers an incredible Radio Internship in Jamaica to interns looking to gain international work experience in one of the Caribbean's most vibrant nations. Interns will work with a local radio station to learn about media in Jamaica.
Gain psychology work experience at a mental health clinic or during community-based outreach work
Get work experience with NGOs and help local communities prepare for and cope with disasters.
Gain work experience by raising awareness for children’s rights and working to reduce violence against children
Learn from local professionals and gain international work experience at a dental clinic.