A Social Impact Internship in Malawi will expose you to hands-on experience of engaging with the local community to develop socially beneficial products and services aimed at tackling some of the world’s biggest social and environmental challenges.
Malawi, is a largely agricultural country located in southeastern Africa. Malawi is called the “Warm Heart of Africa” and known for its friendly people, coffee and tea exports. The internships are based in the city, and wider region surrounding, Blantyre, the commercial capital of Malawi.
Students who choose this internship have the opportunity to develop specific skills to compete in the global market, including working as part of a team on social impact programs.
Select from one of our Malawi-based social impact projects, including female hygiene and sanitation; supply chains for solar energy systems; data-driven health consulting; nutrition consulting and diet optimization; as well as microfinance and economic empowerment.
- Collaborate and build meaningful connections with local Malawi communities through a cultural immersion that ensures the delivery of socially viable solutions that actually improves quality of life.
- Explore the integration of exponential technologies, such as data-driven AI consulting, for scalable and sustainable social change at a grass-roots level.
- Whether you’re heading on a weekend Safari to go wildlife spotting, heading to Lake Malawi for a dip, or somewhere in between, we encourage our teams to fully make the most of their experience overseas with us, personally as much as professionally.
- 24/7 support and training from experienced leaders, staff and external partners who are highly trained in risk and safety management, facilitating personal and professional growth, and business development.
- Learn and apply a range of industry-standard entrepreneurial and innovative methodologies and skills such as Design Thinking and Lean Startup and experience applying them to a real world context.